You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Export to PDF Section Name in the Page Information

Hi All ... Normally I can quickly search and find what i"m looking for, but I'm not sure what to ask for this one.

My project is Multiple Greeting Cards with both Front/Back & Insides.I have 4 card sizes included in my file. I set up sections for each card, named the section the size and made a section just for my thank you note I also made sure the pages started back at 1.

When I export to PDF, I select Crop Marks and Page Information. However, I need the Page Information at the top of each "PDF page" to show the File name, Section name and Page Number of the Section.
I cannot include the information on the cards, it would look odd.

Is this possible??

Hi @StarGrazerRose and welcome!

You may need to increase the bleed area to get this field clear of the trim marks. On your master pages, create a text frame. Bring up the Fields panel and double-click on the required fields to place them in the frame. Then drag the frame into (but not above)  the bleed area:

1334451750_Screenshot2021-02-13at22_59_25.thumb.png.27253291b9d83e141898687eefaad9bd.png

When you export the PDF you may get a "Bleed Hazard" preflight warning which can be skipped. In the Export dialog choose to display Printer's Marks and Bleed. 

This is a grab of the PDF:

1526907950_Screenshot2021-02-13at23_32_08.thumb.png.4667ee0bc51c2432900b54867b1a44ae.png

Hope it helps,

H

Affinity Photo 2.0.3,  Affinity Designer 2.0.3, Affinity Publisher 2.0.3, Mac OSX 13, 2018 MacBook Pro 15" Intel.

• 2 weeks later...