You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to delete duplicate brush category

Cobra Pilot

33 minutes ago, Cobra Pilot said:

I have a duplicate Brush Category that was created before 1.9.  There is no Delete Category in the menu, only Unstall Pack… and the Brush Category is not listed in my purchases.  How can I remove the duplicate Brush Category?

Uninstall Pack is what is used to delete resources (brushes, assets, etc.) downloaded from the Affinity Store via the My Account function once you have registered the application to your Store account. This is used, for those resources, rather than Delete Category.

Have you tried Uninstall Pack, and did it work or fail?

If it failed, more details, please. At least the name of the brush pack, but ideally a screenshot of the Brushes panel with the brush category expanded to show that pack. And a screenshot of My Account showing the content that has been downloaded.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

11 minutes ago, Cobra Pilot said:

The Brush Category was not downloaded from the Affinity Store so it does not show up in the Store Account.  Other categories have the Delete Category in the menu so obviously Affinity thinks this category "Dust Brushes Stroke by xresch" is purchased.

That is a free content download that comes with 1.9, but I thought it was only provided to users who have the iPad version of one of the products.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

21 minutes ago, Cobra Pilot said:

Is there any way to remove it from macOS?

Do you see it in My Accounts within the application?

And, again, have you tried Uninstall Pack?

-- Walt
PC:

Interesting. Thanks.

Do you have the applications on an iPad, too?

Possibly, if you do, and you registered 1.9 on your iPad, you got this new free content that way. And possibly, that's how it transferred to your Mac.

But in that case I would also expect you to see that pack at https://affinity.store/account/downloads

You may have to wait for this topic to reach the front of the queue and see what Serif has to say.

-- Walt
PC:

Issue resolved.  From the My Purchases menu I selected Uninstall all.  After a few minutes both copies of Dust Brushes Stroke by xresch were removed from my Brushes tab.  Stranger than that, Dust Brushes & Overlays by xresch now shows on the My Purchases dialog as downloadable from the cloud.  Thanks for pushing me in the right direction, Walt.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Cobra Pilot,

I'm glad you were able to resolve this, but I'd like to try and reproduce the issue myself so we can see what happened. I'm currently having difficulty doing so though, so would you mind confirming a few things for me please?

1. In which order did you register the two applications? I.e. Did you do iOS or macOS first?
  2. What operating system versions do you have running on each of the two platforms?
  3. Had you installed any of the available free content on either of the platforms?
  4. What content do you now have available to you when you look at your account?

Thanks in advance