You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer 1.9.0 crashing while printing.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

I have the latest version of Affinity Designer for Win10. When I go to try and print, the app just closes. No dialog, no error, I have tried several files, and I shut down my machine and restarted it. No printing. As bugs go, I'd say this one has very hairy legs....

First, check if all drivers / software are / is up to date: graphics, printer, Windows. Second, check if a crash report was generated. If yes, upload it here. Third, what is your printer model? Happening with a specific printer or with all printers?

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Please see this post which includes a possible reason for "crashing when printing" and the resolution

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

I don't think it has anything to do with the printer. The app closes before the print dialog even appears. But I checked the known bug list, and yes, I have multiple artboards. So If I copy the one I want to print to a new document on its own, will that get me by for now?

PS: back in stage four lockdown here in Victoria because there are 14 (count them!) cases in the hotel quarantine cluster. It's a different world.

• Staff

@pixel.hoohly

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums :) 

Have you tried the latest Designer Windows beta as from your brief description this sounds like a common issue others are seeing with multiple artboard document. If that build does not crash then you can be fairly sure that the next public release 1.9.1 will solve this for you.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Welcome to the Affinity forums @Sylvinchen!

You can a) upload a crash report here, b) try the latest beta if your problem is already solved or export as PDF and print from your PDF reader.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

• Staff
21 minutes ago, tevice said:

I have the same problem 1.9.0.932 

after

On 2/13/2021 at 7:40 AM, carl123 said:

Please see this post which includes a possible reason for "crashing when printing" and the resolution

and what about the nominally fixed beta version 1.9.1.963 (that installs parallel to your release build) Carl123 referred to?

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon