You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wacom Intuos tilt support?

Hi!

I can't seem to get Affinity Designer to do anything with the Wacom Intuos3 tilt information.

The Wacom driver, under OS X El Capitan, reports tilt values, and tilt works in the OS X port of Krita, for example.

I guess my first question is if it's supposed to work?

Then, if anyone here has tilt working with a Intuos 3 I would be interested to know!

Thanks for any help!

Pat

Definitely works with Intuos 4, 5 and Cintiq 13HD, so I don't see why the Intuos 3 wouldn't work? :)

ok, thanks for the info!

Perhaps I'm doing it wrong..

What tool makes it easiest to see the effect of tilt? (I.e what did you do to verify that it works?)

Thanks!

You could give Paolo's DAUB Pencils a try. Some of them use Angle (tilt) variance and should show tilt working: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/12021-daub-pencils/

Thanks for the tip!

I tested these pencils, and I do indeed get a tilt effect on some of them.

I don't get any cursor indication of tilt, and the tilt effect seems to only work in one axis, but that's perhaps just how the pencils have been programmed.

Seems like a nice set of pencils though!