You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want to suggest making it possible to keep the original files exif/metadata in ALL slices set.

As far as I understood only the very first slice which is automatically set (not really a slice, but just the whole thing called by the projects name) keeps that data since it works with the same engine as the default export function (the one you can use over Data>Export from everywhere, which you can set to delete all exif data if you want).

All other manually set slices will always loose their exif data and there is no option to change that!

I imagine it to be not that hard to implement it that way that you have the ability to write exif in slices as well (since its only very little data to copy after the file creation), probably even by default. You can always set the options to ditch the exif if you want, just like with the normal export function.

Yes, you can currently workaround by cropping multiple times in the normal Photo Persona and its nondestructive as well. But that defies the whole sense behind the existence of the export persona! If I change even the slightest thing in the image I have to redo every crop and pray to the crop gods that it is somewhat cropped the same as before.

• Staff

Serif staff do not tend to comment on posts in the suggestions forums but that doesn't mean that they are not read

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

10 hours ago, Patrick Connor said:

Serif staff do not tend to comment on posts in the suggestions forums but that doesn't mean that they are not read

Where do I have to go to then, if I was hoping for feedback and discussion over a suggestion?

Although, as @Patrick Connor says, Serif staff do not comment, you will find that other forum members will do so. The more support that comes from such members, the more likely Serif are likely to notice and take the suggestion on board. However, they have their other priorities and they make no public promises so don't hold your breath.

You are posting in the appropriate forum already.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 1 month later...

I have noticed that you can set the marker to include metadata in the export options field an it even saves that state. But it still doesnt include the data for slices but leaves a small info-button telling you if the data will be included in your chosen slice or not (the text is different for the main slice where you get your meta). How programmers can take the energy to lay this path instead of actually using the user selection as it is and writing that little information beyond my understanding...

Bildschirmfoto 2021-04-07 um 12.52.36.png

Edited by hisuku
spelling error

• 1 year later...