You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher Crash when export

Hello,

Since the new update, I worked on 3 files. And 2 of them are crashed when I want to export them. It's very problematic for my client.

Here is an example on video : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Du4IXmUFQRjbf3cNW7Aq7UmakhUDAWBX/view?usp=sharing

No warning, no errors when it's crashed.

How could we solve that please? I really need the PDF of these files.

Edit: I also test with the Beta 1.9.1, and the bug is still there. (when I want to export in PDFs only)

Hello,

I uploaded an example on your Dropfile. I didn't find a way to zip all linked elements (font, image) like we can make in Indesign. I hope the .afpub was enough.

Tell me if you need something else.

We have had a couple of reports of this and some users have found re-linking linked documents in their files has fixed the issue.

Ok I will try it, but sometimes we have a lot of linked documents, it will be time consuming to re-link everything, we hope it will be solved soon :)

Greetings,

• 2 weeks later...

I tested again today with the new stable Publisher 1.9.1.979 version and the problem is still there. Affinity Publisher crash without warning when we want to export to PDF.

I know that sometimes it can be solved by re-linking linked documents but sometimes it doesn't. Any news to solve that ?

I hope it will be solved very soon :/

On 2/12/2021 at 4:32 PM, Jon P said:

Hi @Creative Art,

Are you able to upload your file here so I can take a look.

We have had a couple of reports of this and some users have found re-linking linked documents in their files has fixed the issue.

Thanks

Hi,

We are having the same issue. Can't export, publisher crashes before even clicking the export button. I can see huge spikes in Ram and Cpu usage when trying to open the export dialog.

Please reply soon, we need to get this brochure exported to PDF by Monday.

Thanks, Paul

Welcome to the Affinity forums @malgosia!

When there is a crash, there should be a crash report. Upload them here for the export and print crash. Maybe you can upload your crashing document as well. If it contains confident data, ask a moderator for a private upload link.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

The path to the crash report is this: %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports

And you have to ask a moderator for a private upload link, since I am an ordinary forum user.

------
Windows 10 | i5-8500 CPU | Intel UHD 630 Graphics | 32 GB RAM | Latest Retail and Beta versions of complete Affinity range installed

Thank you but it does not have a CrashReports in this folder, only a licence.xml file.

8 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

The path to the crash report is this: %AppData%\Affinity\Publisher\1.0\CrashReports

And you have to ask a moderator for a private upload link, since I am an ordinary forum user.

5 minutes ago, Joachim_L said:

You are in ProgramData NOT AppData. Just copy the path and paste it into the file explorer's address bar to get there.

Oh my God, I'm so sorry, it's Monday morning :) Okay, I attached file bug report in attached file for admin.

Thank you so much for your patience :)

2333f480-7bc8-4bc6-b06e-f6832713824a.dmp

1 hour ago, Joachim_L said:

You are in ProgramData NOT AppData. Just copy the path and paste it into the file explorer's address bar to get there.

This is our dump file from the 26th. It crashed today as well (1st march 21) but no dump file was created in Appdata.

Also note that the below file is from the latest beta version.

902c48b6-734e-4dc4-a4f8-f528dad89bc7.dmp

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Affinity Team

The problem is related to the Apple M1 processor. I can export the same file without any problems on an older MacBook with Intel processor, but Publisher crashes immediately on the new MacBook Pro with M1 processor. Please fix as soon as possible.

Thank you
Daniel

25 minutes ago, Daniel Peter said:

Hello Affinity Team

The problem is related to the Apple M1 processor. I can export the same file without any problems on an older MacBook with Intel processor, but Publisher crashes immediately on the new MacBook Pro with M1 processor. Please fix as soon as possible.

Thank you
Daniel

I advise you to create a new post for MAC because it's Windows subject here :)