You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo for macOS updating (split)

Hello everybody,

I still can not get this update in MAS, anybody knows why ?

MAC OS 10.15.4

I take a look and Affinity Design is in version 1.9.0  maybe it was a auto-update.

Affinity Photo is still in 1.8.4

Affinity Publisher is 1.7.1

In Publisher I have a menu to check for updates and it detects the new updade.

Anybody knows why Affinity Photo and Publisher do not list in MAS updates ?

Thanks

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014) running MacOS Catalina version 10.15.7

Processor:  2.5 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7  / Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics:  NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M 2 GB &.Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

Affinity Photo 1.9.3   / Affinity Designer 1.9.3  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.3

2 hours ago, credesign said:

In Publisher I have a menu to check for updates and it detects the new updade.
Anybody knows why Affinity Photo and Publisher do not list in MAS updates ?

Because you likely bought them directly from the Serif Store:
store.serif.com/account/downloads

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

1 hour ago, loukash said:

Because you likely bought them directly from the Serif Store:
store.serif.com/account/downloads

Well I see that I have Affinity Publisher in Serif Store and Designer & Photo in MAC.

I would like to move Designer and Photo to Affinity Store but unfortunatly it´s not possible.

What about MAS, why can we I get Affinity Photo 1.9 update ?

How can I connect the application with the Affinity Store account ?

Thanks

Just now, credesign said:

What about MAS, why can we I get Affinity Photo 1.9 update ?

I have no idea. Haven't updated mine from 1.8.4 yet. Currently I'm toying with 1.9.1 beta, waiting for the most offending bugs to be fixed…
But I can test on my Catalina partition if it works for me.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

• Staff

@credesign

I have split this sub-thread off as it is not related to the new update specifically. The update should appear in your Mac App Store if you are using the correct Apple ID account that you bought with. As long as you know the Apple ID password I suggest you try logging out of the Mac App Store and back in again, OR just pressing CMD+R in the updates page, as described in the release notes at the bottom.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

36 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

@credesign

I have split this sub-thread off as it is not related to the new update specifically. The update should appear in your Mac App Store if you are using the correct Apple ID account that you bought with. As long as you know the Apple ID password I suggest you try logging out of the Mac App Store and back in again, OR just pressing CMD+R in the updates page, as described in the release notes at the bottom.

I did logout from MAS and login and I still can not see the application on Updates tab but they are in the Account Purchased items I am trying to download them and see how it works.

Thanks

• Staff

yes that is the other option, uninstall from Applications, empty the bin, and redownload. it can only give you the latest, but I never suggest that until I know the user has then in their "purchased" list

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

3 hours ago, credesign said:

I did logout from MAS and login and I still can not see the application on Updates tab but they are in the Account Purchased items I am trying to download them and see how it works.

I had no success with logging out & back into the MAS but what worked for me was to use the search box in the MAS app to look for "Affinity." That showed both AD & AP, each with an "Update" button when I opened their MAS pages.

I think it might work similarly from the Purchased tab without having to uninstall the current version but I did not try that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7