You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Elements disappear when deleting a page

V 952 beta and 1.9 retail / Win 10

Hi,

first it came to a "shock" to me, but after I found out: it's "only" a display problem.

the attached afpub is a short excerpt from a larger personal training file on Affinity.
It was originally made with 1.7 (so far I remember) and opened and modified a thousend times though all later versions.
The excerpt here contains a text frame over some pages, while the last 2 pages contain this text frame too, but no content (yet).
The text contains a lot of pinned on elements (screenshots, cut out by Windows cutting tool and copied into the text).
Now on the newest beta I wanted to delete the last (empty) page of this specific text frame.
After deleting that page all pinned object in the whole text frame where gone - please see pics1 & 2 attached.
New inserted elements (by V 1.9) didn't disappear.
This experience happens on several text frames within the whole document, not only once.
While scrolling through the pages (Alt + page down) I could see the missing elements flickering shortly.
At the end, I saved the file, reopened it and all elements appeared again.
Looks like this problem occur only, when opening 1.8 (or older) files in V 1.9, but unfortunatly not once, it happens each time again even the file is saved several times in 1.9.

Please have a look into it, wether you can reproduce this behaviour!?

Additional Info: Each time you deleting a page (at least of this text frame) all missing elements are NOT any longer shown in the layer panel, until you restart that file again!

684978207_No1.jpg.2029737390bdc0a81c036f915a94fdd9.jpg488131614_No2.jpg.639412867f102637222fff31a39dc5c5.jpg

Elements_disappearance.afpub

Hi Design Punch.

I downloaded your file Elements_disappearnce.afpub into Publisher Beta 1.9.1.952 and deleted the last two pages [3 and 4].  This simply led to text frame on page 2 indicating that there is now overflow text. [see  this screen shot image.png.b221469604c3db6a774cfa4df3fe1c18.png

I can't see any elements missing from pages 1 and 2 and if I generate a new text box on page 3  and link it to text frame on page 2,  then the result is as this 

image.png.66027629706b463e31e29ddc50a81c88.png

I couldn't see anything disappear or change on pages 1 and 2 and if you delete this new text frame then it's element will be removed from the Layers tab for page 3 image.png.fd5cb07cfdb6a7611cdc91f265effb62.png 

but that element is still shown in the Layers when page 2 is selected and will re-appear if a new text frame is made on page 3 and linked to page 2

Pman ,  Widows 10, Publisher 1.9 and Beta 1.9.1.952

Elements_disappearance_tried.afpub

Hi Pman,

thanks for testing ...
This original document contains several sections. Some of them are showing this behaviour, some not.
If this problem does not happen again on other documents (e.g. finished books, brochures), we may forget it.
Maybe its only with this - often modified document - and nothing serious.
My concern was more, if this is a serious problem and if it would affect many converted files (1.8 -> 1.9), then it would have been a problem generally.
Upto now I coulnd't reproduce this on other - older - documents (books etc.).

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.