You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

nvwgf2umx.dll crashes

For some reason I am no longer experiencing crashes since the v1.9 update and the latest NVIDIA driver.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark, Just updated to v461.72 of the NVIDIA drivers and the crashes started to happen again. Reverted the renderer to the Intel HD630 and it is fine again. Note that I have Capture One installed (v14.0.2.36), and this happened after Capture One rebuilt its Hardware Acceleration libraries.

image.png.f5e01542ae516ba88de112365ba88ef3.png

Note also that uninstalling C1, then reinstalling seemed to correct the problem. But this may be a 'red herring' because I can still get it to crash, in the one specific sequence listed below if I switch the Renderer back to the GeForce GTX 1050, by creating a Panorama & Crop to Opaque and processing a ARW file from a A7 Mark 3 that is a uncompressed RAW after the Panorama. But if I open the ARW image, then create a Panorama there are no crashes.

So the steps to recreate this issue is to do the following:
1. Open AP.
2, Add 3 6000x4000 TIF images (no compression) to stitch a Panorama.
3. Press OK, then select Crop to opaque and Apply.
4. Open an ARW image from the Open Recent (first in my case) then it will crash

Note that if I then reopen AP (v 1.9.1.979) and open the ARW image then make a Panorama everything is fine.

Attached a 4 crash logs in the reports.zip file below.

reports.zip

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Thanks for the report @AiDon. We're definitely seeing that these crashes are related to Capture One's Windows Explorer Integration. We've managed to reproduce the crash internally, and I've given the reports to NVIDIA, so I'm hoping they can do something with them. If you want, you can rename the WIC64 folder in Capture One's installation to prevent the Windows Explorer Integration from loading. That will stop the crashes. 

8 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Thanks for the report @AiDon. We're definitely seeing that these crashes are related to Capture One's Windows Explorer Integration. We've managed to reproduce the crash internally, and I've given the reports to NVIDIA, so I'm hoping they can do something with them. If you want, you can rename the WIC64 folder in Capture One's installation to prevent the Windows Explorer Integration from loading. That will stop the crashes. 

I shall try renaming the folder but I have never had Windows Explorer Integration turned on.

PC2 HP Pavilion - 

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

• 8 months later...

I do noT have Capture One installed , I also dont no have NVidea, my graphics are intel  and I having a lot of crashes in windows 10 and windows 11, ADesigner is working fine but APhoto is a complete disaster .  I am one of the first users back them when it was avaliable just for mac,I have also the full suit for iPad, I love Affinty but this crashes a really  changing what I feel for it.

aphoto004.png

aphoto__003.png

I am not sure where to post it really but for many months I had acceleration turned off due to crashes. I just checked acceleration on latest Photo 1.10.4.1198 on GTX1070.
I played quite a bit with big stock photos, painted with various brushes, opened multiple projects, wrote some texts...
No crash.
In "whats new" I couldn't find anything about improvements of acceleration, I also do not have newest game ready NVidia driver... I did nothing to the system (win10) but it works now. At least all the testing and fiddling that would earlier for sure cause a crash now seems to work great.
Hopefully it stays this way :) For now acceleration stays ON. Thank you for whatever you did that fixed it :) It seems anyways.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.