You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing PDF with images in 1.9.0

DonPenny

Importing a PDF with embedded images (like a logo) does not seem to work properly any more. I think it worked fine in 1.8.X, but when I now load the same PDF i just loaded in 1.8.X, the image gets replaced with a weird shape like a blue circle or a very blurry and defect version of the image.

• Staff

Hi DonPenny,

Can you please give us some more information on what you're doing, the exact steps you're taking, the options used on the PDF import screen, and most importantly the actual PDF you're importing. Without these we cannot investigate the issues you're having.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 1:23 PM, Sean P said:

Hi DonPenny,

Can you please give us some more information on what you're doing, the exact steps you're taking, the options used on the PDF import screen, and most importantly the actual PDF you're importing. Without these we cannot investigate the issues you're having.

Thanks

Hey Sean,

sorry for late answer, had a lot of work in the past. So I cant really find a PDF I could give you without telling the web who I am, sry for that. But i could reproduce when this happens. Try to print an email with the Windows 10 PDF printer, which is already installed. The actual PDF of my PDF-printed gmail mails look good, but after importing them to affinity its images such as company logos are definetly not right. Let me know if you could reproduce this, otherwise i check some of my spam mails for a PDF i could attach. PDFs from LaTeX for example work nice.

Regards
Penny

• Staff

Just tried an email my end and does appear to be ok! See attached

However it does sound like something that may well be file specific. If you would be willing would it be possible for you to attach a PDF to our internal dropbox? It would mean you don't have to upload your private details onto the public forum? If so please use the link below
https://www.dropbox.com/request/rii2Ehva7Sk9d9y6l76L

Feel free to also attach a LaTeX example as well!

Thanks,

image.png

• Staff

Thanks for the file. This is something we do actually have logged. The PDF has those images set as 'Pattern' type layers, so when imported they're treated as Bitmap fills, however they're unfortunately being imported very pixelated.

I'll get the PDF passed over to development and get the issue updated.

Thanks for letting us know.