You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shop content and My account downloads

19 minutes ago, Paul Wild said:

For the new 'My Account' function to work the web shop needs to be updated regularly with new content to purchase.....as it stand I cant remember seeing anything new since I came to affinity last April....Do we know if there any plans to do this.

The My Account feature is not an advertising gambit.  It has undoubtedly been designed to help us easily install across our compatible devices items which we have already chosen to purchase directly from the Affinity store.   It is up to us to respond to emails from Affinity, announcing new items or special offers we may wish to purchase.   Or to log in to the Affinity Store to see whether there is something we would like to purchase.   Hope this helps.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

4 minutes ago, jmwellborn said:

The My Account feature is not an advertising gambit.  It has undoubtedly been designed to help us easily install items which we have already chosen to purchase from the Affinity store.   It is up to us to respond to emails from Affinity, announcing new items or special offers we may wish to purchase.   

Never said it was an advertising gambit ....my point is I now have most of the content on there and for the My Account feature to make sense the shop needs regular new content to purchase ....something it hasnt had as far as I can remember for a long time.....Most of the packs sold on their come from collections so its not as if they are not available.....But purchasing away from the affinity store means these are not tied to the MY ACOUNT feature .... It then makes more sense to have it especially if going through the store gives you the opportunity for a nominal discount if that can be negotiated with the providers.

The My Account feature is likely to evolve, and may eventually allow synchronizing content that you have purchased elsewhere, or that you have created yourself.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

4 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

The My Account feature is likely to evolve, and may eventually allow synchronizing content that you have purchased elsewhere, or that you have created yourself.

Yes which makes a great deal of sense , if probably not a little difficult with the legal side.