Affinity Publisher Customer Beta - 1.9.1.952

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: Purchased Affinity Publisher
Mac App Store: Not Submitted
Download: Download
Auto-update: Not Available

---

We are pleased to announce that Affinity Publisher Customer Beta 1.9.1.952 is now available as a download from the link above.

If this is your first time using a customer beta of an Affinity app, it’s worth noting that the beta will install as a separate app - alongside your store version. They will not interfere with each other at all and you can continue to use the store version for critical work without worry.

This beta is an incremental update from the 1.9.0 version recently released to all customers (although it still installs parallel to the released version, as described above). We recommend that you use this beta in preference to the store version if you are affected by any of the issues listed below.

---

Fixes

General
Fixed Affinity registration showing in English for some supported locales
Fixed inability to disable hardware acceleration, or a crash at startup if the hardware acceleration option hadn't been written to the settings file
Fixed crash on open for a number of reported 1.8 / beta documents
Fixed intermittent crash on applying Master Page
Fixed issue causing some UI icons to be rendered at incorrect sizes

Import / Export / Resources
Fixed blocking that could occur when placing especially large raster heavy PDF files
Updating a PDF via Resource Manager resets Interpret / Passthrough state
IDML Import - Fixed unlocking of layers coming from IDML Import
IDML Import - Fix for Text Styles not applied correctly with specific file
IDML Import - Fix for rotated items in Picture Frames
IDML Import - For for failure to import some text items in Table cells
IDML Import - Fix for crash on import of specific file(s)
PDF Import - Improvements to how PDF Import handles text lists. Ambiguity between Roman numeral "c" and Latin letter "c" is handled better.
PDF Import - Fix for clipping paths being incorrectly identified as redundant and discarded in some circumstances
EPS Import - Fixed failure to detect colour space when the EPS only had shades
Fixed TGA import to allow loading of large files
Placed landscape afpub files could be treated as portrait under certain circumstances
Unable to create custom export presets - options disabled
Save As Package fails on macOS 10.10 (Yosemite) or earlier

Tools and Rendering
Transform Objects Separately was ignored for some operations
Align buttons were modifying master page content when used in "Edit Detached" mode
Fix for parts of some master page objects / paragraph decorations not showing in bleed on regular pages
Recent colours are now updated when changing a Table cell Fill or Stroke

Text
Fixed performance problems when Paragraph Panel was visible
Paragraph > Justification > Minimum, Desired and Maximum word spacing controls inoperative
Text in scaled text frame could increase in size when grouped
Added Glyph Picker for Initial Words characters
Interactive > Go To Hyperlink can crash if no target
Fix for wrap settings on pinned objects not always updating correctly
Fixed scaling instability with inline text objects under certain circumstances
Objects inserted into Master Page text were not updating correctly on regular pages
Truncate long Find and Replace MRU menu entries to prevent UI overflow

---

To be notified about all future Mac beta updates, please follow this notification thread 

To be notified when this Publisher update comes out of beta and is fully released to all Publisher customers, please follow this thread

For the way too small UI icons that have been fixed, thank you!😎
But we still have some tiny wee icons in the Layers panel.😟
i.e for Text layers, Adjustments layers, Filter layers & Masks.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

1 hour ago, markw said:

But we still have some tiny wee icons in the Layers panel.😟
i.e for Text layers, Adjustments layers, Filter layers & Masks.

I see that too. Running Catalina 10.15.7 if that matters.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I bought Publisher today, and encountered this problem very early on (below). This beta has not fixed this fault. It is not a problem that exists in Publisher 1.8.6. (downloaded and tested today too).
I posted this in the forum earlier today.......

Hello to the group - I am a very new user (today), I do have experience with Quark though. This is looking like a great application and will suit my needs better as time marches on. But I do have a query, if anybody can help. I have a sample of text typed into a text frame (as per the image). I want to change the paragraph attributes (space after, space before etc). But if I type in a new figure into the attributes panel it will not apply the adjustment and simply defaults back to the shown settings (supplied defaults). I can adjust leading with no issues, that works perfectly. I can add drop caps but only with the default settings, if I change a drop cap default setting is reverts back to default and will not 'stick'. I can add tabs to the text box via the text box ruler, but again if I try to add tabs in the paragraph attributes it will not work. These attributes simply will not alter and stay altered, almost as though the commands are not getting through and reverting straight back to defaults. Am I missing something obvious here at all?

I am on Mac OS10.9.5, I appreciate this is an older system, but it is listed as compatible. Currently, due to other software, I cannot upgrade the Mac OS.

Many thanks.

screenshot.png

• Staff

@Richard A J

Welcome. As your issue is not new to this beta it is best dealt with in your original thread. This thread is for discussing things that are specifically different in the beta.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

ACE so far 👍

Daz1.png

Mac Pro Cheese-grater (Early 2009) 2.93 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 ECC Ram, Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5, Ugee 19" Graphics Tablet Monitor Triple boot via OCLP 1.2.1 - Mac OS Monterey 12.7.1, Sonoma 14.1.1 and Mojave 10.14.6

Affinity Publisher, Designer and Photo 1.10.5 - 2.2.1

www.bingercreative.co.uk

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.