You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Windows Customer Beta - 1.9.1.952

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: Fixes
Requirements: A valid product key (for Affinity Store purchases), or an installation of the full retail version from the Microsoft Store

As this is a beta it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that may be adversely affected by the application failing, including the total loss of any documents. We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post a new thread in this forum and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback. 

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Changes

• Fixed Affinity registration showing in English for some supported locales
  • Fixed EMFs not rendering on non-RGBA documents
  • Fixed inability to disable hardware acceleration, or a crash at startup if the hardware acceleration option hadn't been written to the settings file (introduced in 944 beta)
  • Fixed mirroring objects to transform individually based on tool settings
  • Improved performance of snapping by restricting inner bound snapping to objects with no more than two curves (ie, single holes)
  • Fixed being unable to create custom export presets for PDF export
  • Fixed scaled text frame increasing text size when grouped 
  • Fixed Copy As SVG preventing Affinity data being added to the clipboard 
  • Fixed performance problems when Paragraph Panel was visible 
  • Fixed PDF passthrough failing to work on multi-page documents
  • Fixed TGA import to allow loading of large files

1.9.1.944 release notes

Thanks for the latest update...so quick!:)

quickly had a look at SVG issue...much better thank you!....I will try and break it later!

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 1.2344
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

Thanks for latest update -as reported earlier, Beta 1.9.1.944 would not load so great to find Serif have located and fixed the problem so quickly;  Beta 1.9.1.952 loads successfully so I can carry on testing and learning. Well done!! 

Windows 10 Home Version 20H2, AMD Radeon E1-7010 processor with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics 12GB RAM, Affinity Designer 1.9, Photo 1.9, Publisher 1.9 Affinity Designer Beta 1.9.1.952, Photo Beta 1.9.1.952, Publisher 1.9.1.952

Hi there

I just downloaded the trial and it keeps crashing on my laptop when I try to create a new file. So I checked the support forums and downloaded the Beta. However, my 90 day trial key does not work on it :(

Can you direct me to a where I can download a patch to fix the crashing - it is unusable presently. Also, is there a way to use the trial key with the beta?

Thanks

1 hour ago, am789 said:

Hi there

I just downloaded the trial and it keeps crashing on my laptop when I try to create a new file. So I checked the support forums and downloaded the Beta. However, my 90 day trial key does not work on it :(

Can you direct me to a where I can download a patch to fix the crashing - it is unusable presently. Also, is there a way to use the trial key with the beta?

Thanks

Hi, sounds like you probably need to uninstall and reinstall your graphics card drivers.

7 hours ago, am789 said:

Strange. Everything else seems to be working fine, except for this app. Is there a log file or something I can check before I do the driver change?

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Designer\1.0\Log.txt may give some info (please upload here, or make a new thread in the non-beta forum).

We have had similar reports from many users over the years, and we find that an uninstall and reinstall of the driver normally always fixes the problem. You could also try changing the renderer in preferences, that would confirm it's your drivers at fault.

Hi - Im relatively new to Affinity and use it for basic image sublimation printing.  Ive just downloaded version of Affinity Designer and now shuts down when ever i press print.  What do i need to do - i need advice in the simplist form pleasee im not up to speed with terminology or am i techy .  Thanks 

@Mark Ingram first of all sorry for asking here but, I've not seen or experienced a real change on the isometric functions and even the small 3D functions provided into AfDesigner.
I mean we should be able to rotate object in a proper way with real time preview.
I may be mistaken on this but I believe that AfDesigner is actually mature for having descent 3D functionalities.
Relying on external apps to make basics works or even a simple long shadow or just projected shadow using (per example) the lightning tool, doing that kind of job using an external tools can turn to be(come) a nightmare and requires a massive learning time and resources just for simple tricks we should be capable of doing from our main tool.

Please feel free to move this if posted on a wrong topic, i just believed such function should already pops in beta releases/builds before v2 hit our doors and become the standard.

Be Blessed.

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

11 minutes ago, Mtrx said:

Hello!

I click the 

Click here to download the latest beta

link, but nothing happened. I cant download this designer beta.

Please help. Thanks.

This is due to the Chrome browser security feature, right click the link and select "Open link in new tab" and your download will start

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

just got an Nvidia Quadro K2000 with 2GB VRam but can't enable "OpenCL compute acceleration"
I'm currently on WIndows 10 Pro N rel. 20h2
Any fix on this?
Will next allow that or ... I should consider reinstalling ?

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

• Staff
8 minutes ago, Uncle Mez said:

just got an Nvidia Quadro K2000 with 2GB VRam but can't enable "OpenCL compute acceleration"

Unfortunately from what I can tell looking at it's datasheet this card does not support DirectX Hardware Feature Level 12 and therefore cannot be used for OpenCL. If you go into DXDIAG you can see what feature levels are supported:
image.png

2 hours ago, Sean P said:

this card does not support DirectX Hardware Feature Level 12 and therefore cannot be used for OpenCL.

Thank you so much.
My next hunting party will be to find a card that's full Dx12 but for now ... i've tested and it runs faster and even set it to benefit of the basic acceleration the card can offer via Win10 functionalities and I'm happy ... much better response time.
Now waiting for the next build is there is one coming around the corner.

Once again, Thank you so much!

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

14 minutes ago, Th3Alchemist said:

Unfortunately Photo and Designer still crashes on me on the splashscreen with this beta version as I've described here. Where can I find download links for 1.8.x?

Did you try to run the beta a second time? I'm hopeful that it will work on the second run. You seem to have the same problem as @simono in the thread (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/132809-apps-wont-launch-on-win10-after-upgrade-to-19/). Your Intel drivers are causing a crash when we query the OpenCL capabilities of your system. 

22 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

Did you try to run the beta a second time? I'm hopeful that it will work on the second run. You seem to have the same problem as @simono in the thread (https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/132809-apps-wont-launch-on-win10-after-upgrade-to-19/). Your Intel drivers are causing a crash when we query the OpenCL capabilities of your system. 

You're right thank you! It worked after a second attempt. Unfortunately I don't have Intel drivers updates available on my system.