You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not able to access the "My Account" feature in Affinity Designer 1.9.0

Jeff42

I'm a new Affinity Designer customer.  I'm running AD 1.9.0 on a mac.  I installed and registered w/o any issues, however, the My Account button on the upper toolbar is enabled, but when I click on the toolbar nothing happens.  In the Affinity Designer menu, the "My Account" menu item is grayed out.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

This new function requires MacOS Sierra or higher. What release of MacOS are you running?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Thanks. That explains why you can't use it.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I'm having the same issue and also using IOS 10.10.5

The installation guide indicated that OS X 10.9 or higher was needed for product to run (I have AP). Are there more features that aren't available for versions under Sierra? What are the implications of not being able to link my account to product?

Thanks

• Staff
7 hours ago, Cynthia03 said:

Are there more features that aren't available for versions under Sierra? What are the implications of not being able to link my account to product?

There are no other features that are not available under Sierra.

This incompatibility was discovered quite late in that it needs a version of Safari that is not available, but there is no functionality missing beyond automatically installing what you can install manually instead.

To access the 1.9 "registration incentive” simply email affinity@serif.com explaining you are on Sierra and they can give you an alternative claim link

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon