You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please help/converting issue

Hello, I am having a trouble of converting the logo from Illustrator to Affinity.

I would like to make the logo with jagged edges.

But somehow the jagged edges disappeared in Affinity.

Please tell me how I can convert this logo properly.

Thank you 

146814139_745203676390738_4271016330965371772_n.jpg

4 minutes ago, Ray S. said:

Why not recreating that circle with the Cog-Tool? 

Thank you for your reply.

I was hoping if there is a certain way that I can convert the logo with the same shape.

This seems like I should just recreate the logo as you mentioned.

@Ayumi That’s okay, we all have to learn this sort of thing.
You don’t need to delete a previous post.
If you create a new thread and no-one replies then you can add a new post to that thread and it will go to the top of the list again.
(Don’t do this too often though as it can cause people to think you are just wanting attention, which you are, but in a different way.)
Just be aware that some problems/issues will not be answerable by all forum members, so you might need to wait a while before someone with the right knowledge comes along and finds your thread.

As for why the logo was not properly converted into Designer, it might be difficult to know without access to the original logo but the jagged shape is easily created in Designer, as Ray S. said above, using the Cog Tool – see attached video. You can then copy the formatting of the circle to the ‘jagged cog’ by using Copy and Paste Style.

On 2/11/2021 at 2:22 AM, Ayumi said:

But somehow the jagged edges disappeared in Affinity.

Just for interest - how were the jagged edges created in AI, and how did you transfer (export/import) the data to ADesigner? It is a good thing that the teeth can be restored with the Cog Tool, as @Ray S. advises, but it is not entirely right that they were lost during their transfer! 

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

2 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Just for interest - how were the jagged edges created in AI, and how did you transfer (export/import) the data to ADesigner? It is a good thing that the teeth can be restored with the Cog Tool, as @Ray S. advises, but it is not entirely right that they were lost during their transfer! 

I know, and I thought I could transfer the logo as I use in Illustrator. Only the jagged edges were not transferred in Affinity somehow..