You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Very small icon for "No color" in Color and Swatches Tabs

Since updating all three Affinity programs to version 1.9.0, the "No Color" icon used to make the outline or fill transparent is extremely small.  The attached screenshot "Small No Color Icon" shows what I mean.

292024077_SmallNoColorIcon.png.9a07f9968e8244444d846766bc0a3b2e.png
This affects both the Color panel at the top right of the Color and Swatches tabs as well as on the left below the Tools panel.
All three programs, Photo, Designer and Publisher are affected.

I have searched here in the forum to see if there is already an entry on this issue, but have found nothing.
Unfortunately I can't assess if it is a bug or an intended behavior. Has anyone observed the same thing on your end?

All three programs are the versions I bought directly from the Affinity store. I updated from 1.8.6 to 1.9.0 using the auto-update feature within each program.
I have installed all three programs respectively on my Mac Mini 2020 on macOS X 10.15.7 (specs see signature) and on my MacBook Pro Retina 15" mid 2015 on macOSX 11.2.1 and on both machines I observe that the "No Color" icon is as small as the head of a pin.
In Affinity's videos introducing the new features, this icon looks larger than it does on my machine.

And here is a second screenshot showing the size of the "No Color" icon from the latest beta of Designer, which I installed on my old 2008 MacBook Pro running Mac OS X 10.11, and I believe there is a significant size difference.

1973741714_NoColorIconbeforeUpdate.png.dcf901707bb6d25d1a7f02de18d23fd6.png

Edited by Kaffeepause
Edit: typo removed

Affinity Photo V2.3.0 | Affinity Designer V2.3.0 | Affinity Publisher V2.3.0

Mac Studio M2 Ultra | 128 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.6 | EIZO CS2740 4K UHD
MacBook Pro Retina, 15", Mitte 2015 | 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 512 GB SSD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6

Hello Kaffeepause,
Yes the developers know about this issue, along with some way too small icons in the layers panel too.

macOS 10.15.7  15" Macbook Pro, 2017  |  4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU  |  Radeon Pro 555 2GB GPU + Integrated Intel HD Graphics 630 1.536GB  |  16GB RAM  |  Wacom Intuos4 M

24 minutes ago, Kaffeepause said:

I have searched here in the forum to see if there is already an entry on this issue, but have found nothing.
Unfortunately I can't assess if it is a bug or an intended behavior. Has anyone observed the same thing on your end?

It's an UI bug and should have been already addressed in a Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.9.1.219) for Mac ...

Fixed some icons being very small.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Hello @markw,
thank you very much for this information. I must have overlooked this in my forum search.

As the issue is known by the developers, I think it is not necessary to post a bug report.

Thanks again.

Mac Studio M2 Ultra | 128 GB RAM | 1 TB SSD | macOS Ventura 13.6 | EIZO CS2740 4K UHD
MacBook Pro Retina, 15", Mitte 2015 | 2,8 GHz Intel Core i7 | 16 GB RAM | 512 GB SSD | macOS Monterey 12.6.6

@v_kyr, thank you very much for pointing this for me. I will download the beta tomorrow and try out whether the issue has been fixed.