You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Importing a PDF, then adding text, snapping timed out

bogarguz

Dear Serif Team,

I use MacPro Mid 2010,  2.8 GHz Quad core, 32 GB RAM, ATI Radeon HD 5870 1024 MB, SSD 1 TB Hard drive, High Sierra 10.13.6

I open a PDF file in Publisher, Artistic Text Tool, click (spinning wheel) and add text (appearing slowly), then drag to reposition it, (spinning wheel again) text no moving.

appears a small red warning "snapping timed out", and finally it shows the new position, the farther the move, the longer the hang.

Turning off the Snapping, no problem, it works as it should.

Also, even though I selected "Favour editable text over fidelity" all text was in curves. Instead in Affinity Designer the PDF is imported in text and there is no problem with snap and typing.

I know you will say, then open the PDF in Designer.

Well, I need the information of a PDF in a Publisher doc, shouldn't it be as easy as Designer?

I have to open the PDF in Designer, edited there, save a .afdesigner file, then imported into Publisher and continue working, instead of just importing in Publisher and work.

Just a little contribution of a bug, that I wish it could be resolve as simple as copy/paste from Designer code to Publisher code, just kidding, I know it is not as easy like that.

Thank you for your big efort to give us the best software in the market nowadays.

Bogar

2020 MI 5081 - ESBG.afpub

Thanks Haakoo, that's a great idea. Nevertheless this is an issue of the new update 1.9

I just downloaded the Beta 1.9.1 and open the same PDF and no problem, text imported as text and dragging with snapping working good.

So, we have to wait for the new update relesase.

Happy week.

Bogar