You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Where is the documentation for color management and palettes?

Presumably Affinity has a way to configure a palette of colors for a document, but for the life of me I can't find any documentation at all on the subject.   This list doesn't include anything on color:

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/designer/desktop/category/basic-operations/

The documentation talks about color profiles, and there is a section on a color palette, but there's no explanation of where anything in that section comes from, how it's used in a workflow, or even where to find the &@(#&# palette in the first place.

Thank you for attempting to help.

Yes, I read the existing basic documentation before posting the question.  From my original post:

"The documentation talks about color profiles, and there is a section on a color palette, but there's no explanation of where anything in that section comes from, how it's used in a workflow, or even where to find the &@(#&# palette in the first place."

The documentation lacks information on two levels.  The first level is where to find the palette in the first place.  When you bring up the program what's shown in the documentation doesn't exist, nor do the words "palette" appear anywhere in the menus.  Because of this the existing documentation is not helping me and why I posted the question in the first place.  In fact, the documentation varies so much from the program I'm wondering if perhaps this isn't the correct documentation for Affinity Designer. 

In case my question wasn't abundantly clear after all that my question is where is the color palette?

The second level of documentation is to inform the user how it's designed to be used in your typical workflow.  This might typically be done as part of a larger tutorial, but none of the seem to mention color in their descriptions.

Thank you,

There aren't really much deaper insight docs and tutorials about that, maybe they should make one Spotlight article with that theme. - However, Affinity uses color palettes in the swatches view (the swatches panel, accesable from the topmenu "View > Studio > Swatches" ). There are some older tutorials from here which show some usages ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

28 minutes ago, czei said:

Thank you for your help, but I still don't see a "Swatches" or "Palettes" tab.  Here is the screenshot of Affinity Designer.  Where might the color palettes be found?

ScreenShot2021.jpg.d3205dac66605e496484dff2f1490b2e.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2