You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

New Divide Blend Mode Issue

Lubiloo

I've just been following James Ritson's video on the new Divide Blend Mode.  Worked wonderfully until I reached the Lighting Live Filter; Divide Blend Mode element.  Screen shot to illustrate the issue.  And I tried with and without hardware acceleration in Preferences. No other applications open except YouTube930641375_AffinityPhotoLiveLightingDivideBlendMode.thumb.jpg.34099da06c08dc9c49ba8aaa90edaa7f.jpg378417204_AffinityPhotoLiveLightingasshouldbe.thumb.jpg.e5957467cd361c5667386d7f735e361f.jpg

Windows 10 Home: processor Intel Core i7-8700; 16.0 GB; Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

12 hours ago, Lubiloo said:

Worked wonderfully until I reached the Lighting Live Filter; Divide Blend Mode element. 

Same here (Windows)

I get similar results to you, something not right!

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

19 hours ago, Lubiloo said:

Worked wonderfully until I reached the Lighting Live Filter; Divide Blend Mode element.  Screen shot to illustrate the issue.

Ah, now I understand what you mean. Maybe it's a Mac-Windows thing. This is what the Ritson-picture looks like on my computer:

image.png.173c1d4ecdf0653f8442752faf4eb224.png

Same effect here on Windows 10 machine. Also tried in latest beta build 952 but just the same. There is obviously a problem in the Windows version. I believe James R is using a Mac. It would be interesting to know if other Mac users can get this to work.

Ashampoo_Snap_11 February 2021_11h16m25s_001_.png

Ashampoo_Snap_11_February_2021_11h16m41s_002_.png

20 hours ago, Michail said:

You have combined a layer with the layer below it by applying a blend mode. What did you expect?

Hello, Michail  I'm interested in knowing why putting a live filter on top of a pixel layer should not work with a blend mode?  I often use 'Lighten' using the Live Lighting Filter for a subtle glow and then use the Live Filter inherent mask to control and target the effect.  I'm glad to see (although not for you) that you replicated the 'Divide' blend mode issue yourself as I now know that it isn't me doing something wrong.   :)

1 hour ago, footeg said:

Are the developers aware of this issue?

Look 2 posts above yours, where Chris B from the Serif QA team has logged it for further investigation.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1