You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

55 minutes ago, Lars Nordberg said:

The Exif data is there as is the lens profile, but they don't match.

In my experience when a raw file is opened that Photo can't detect the lens used then the lens panel shows the last lens that it could which could be yesterday or last year. I think it would be preferable if Photo didn't guess. Anyway.....

Can you provide a screenshot, similar to the one below, that you see in Develop persona?
Also:
Operating system
APhoto version
What body
Has it ever worked properly with another body or even the same body
Lens is directly mounted to body with no adapter/ extension tube

Sorry to ask apparently insulting questions but my experience of micro 4/3 system is that the Exif data is written properly and problems like this don't happen

It's probably worth uploading a raw file that doesn't work so that someone clever can help. If all else fails you can send the lens to me and I'll test it with a couple of Olympus bodies ;-)

Lumix425.png

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

David,

Thank you for your answer. Difficult to believe this is nothing but a software problem.

OS: macOS 10.15.7;  AP: 1.9.0; Bodies used: Lumix G9, Lumix GX7, Olympus OMD-EM1

It has never worked. I have used the bodies above with this lens and with all versions of AP from 1.5. Lens always mounted directly.

I have also copied the latest Lens Profiles for Panasonic lenses from Lensfun. Didn't help.

For the record I am using several other lenses from Panasonic and Olympus without this problem.

1120151089_Screenshot2021-02-10at21_42_52.png.af2138bafae28d8c5409db8cc2023592.png

Ok, in the attachment I've made a few changes so that the format looks more like the 20mm/ f1.7 which definitely works
If that is no good then I would try removing the <tca line which seems very basic and relates to Chromatic Aberrations
my lens <tca focal="20" model="poly3" br="-0.0001326" vr="1.0003463" bb="0.00002051" vb="1.0001875"/>
your lens <tca focal="42.5" model="poly3" vr="1.0000881" vb="0.9999515"/>

I don't pretend to understand this stuff, https://lensfun.github.io/manual/latest/elem_calibration.html is complete and utter gibberish to me

Lumix425.xml

Microsoft Windows 11 Home, Intel i7-1360P 2.20 GHz, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Intel Iris Xe
Affinity Photo - 24/05/20, Affinity Publisher - 06/12/20, KTM Superduke - 27/09/10

There are several Panasonic lenses missing in the native Lens Profile database. A few is just a mechanical update, and by changing the name of the old lens in a "lensfun" file, I have been successful in having the lens automatically loaded in Develop Persona. One lens is missing and I copied another similar lens correction from lensfun and changed the name. It works.

So why does it not work to do the same thing with my Lumix G 42.5f1.7 lens? I believe that as long as there is a Lens Profile in the native database, the lensfun profile will not replace the original. And if the original Lens Profile is corrupt, it's only the Affinity team that can fix it.

37 minutes ago, Lars Nordberg said:

One lens is missing and I copied another similar lens correction from lensfun and changed the name. It works.

Yes, I've achieved similar when providing a profile for a new model camera using an existing lens, but this one has me beaten. I have tried to persuade a 20mm lens to announce as a 42.5 with the following:

exiftool -LensType#="2 25 10" -LensModel="Lumix G 42.5mm F1.7 Asph. Power OIS" -LensInfo#="42.5 42.5 1.7 1.7" -FocalLength="42.5" -MinFocalLength="42.5" -MaxFocalLength="42.5" Smoke.ORF

The exiftool report looks fine as do the data shown in Photo but it doesn't select the right profile and Photolab doesn't like it at all

44 minutes ago, Lars Nordberg said:

I believe that as long as there is a Lens Profile in the native database, the lensfun profile will not replace the original.

Well I thought a duplicate in the LensFilter folder would supersede the database entry but who knows? If you want to upload a sample I can try it in Photolab, talking of which I recommend a trial; if I had to rely of Photo for processing raw files I would go back to jpegs out of the camera