You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.9.0 crashes opening file

Mooxo

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5

Publisher 1.9.0 (Affinity store version)

When I try to open two recent files, Publisher is crashing. One of the files was created in 1.9 and the other in 1.8.6.

The files opened fine yesterday, and have not been modified since.

File size does not seem to be a problem as I can open other files that are larger that those which are crashing.

The app crashes whether I open the files by double-clicking in the Finder, or opening them through the File...Open menu.

I have tried rebooting the machine.

I have tried opening Publisher with CTRL held down and the first three options on the reset list checked.

No external monitors etc, just a USB SSD drive that’s permanently attached.

I’ve attached two crash reports because they show different exception types (I’ve no idea if this is important).

Happy to provide a crash-inducing file if it helps.

publisher-crash-report-10221-1-mooxo.txt publisher-crash-report-10221-2-mooxo.txt

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to update this thread to say that the most recent beta (1.9.1.967) has fixed the problem for me — I’m now able to open both the files that were crashing before. Thank you!

The beta has introduced a new bug for me, but I’ll post that in the beta thread (pdf export related).