You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.9.0 Crashes After Splash Screen

Throne777

I did post this originally in the support forum, but I guess Bug Reporting is a better place for it given it's a major bug?

It happens on all 3 programs, but I really need Publisher up and running for work so I reported it in Publisher bug sub-section, I hope that's OK?

All 3 programs ran absolutely fine on 1.8, after upgrading to 1.9.0 all 3 programs crash as soon as the splash screen goes and it tries to open the main program window.

Windows 10 is up-to-date. I'm using a Windows Surface Laptop 3 with the Ryzen 5 Windows Surface Edition.

I ran the .NET Repair tool, that didn't seem to do anything. I tried opening the program by holding Control and clearing the pre-ticked caches, that did nothing.

Please let me know if I can provide any more information. I saw on another thread to try "Can you then navigate to %appdata%/Affinity\Publisher\ and rename the 1.0 folder to 1.0 old, relaunch the app and let me know if still crashes on runup?" - I don't have a 1.0 folder?

Thanks for all your help!