You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Forgive me as I'm new to this product, pretty impressed so far. I downloaded the latest version today and several of the 'plugins'... but where are they?

I click filters - plugins - and nothing happens - 

Go ahead and virtually slap me silly if I'm doing something totally wrong... but nothing happens when I click plugins - I would have expected them to just 'be-there'.

Hi @8675309 (Jenny), :) Welcome to the forums,

What app are you using, Photo, Designer, or Publisher? As far as I'm aware, none of the Affinity apps come with any plugins. Do you have like the Nik collection? I use the Google free version. If you have them, in Preferences>Photoshop Plugins, click on the Add button. Navigate to the folder where they're located on your system and select the folder. Close and restart the app, (photo in my case). Once restarted, they will show in the Filters>Plugins menu.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

THANKS... I assume they would be 'here' but nothing shows up .. 
I don't quite understand the relationship between Adobe PS and these filters - 
Do I have to have a different version of PS ?.. 
I figured that if I was downloading from the Affinity Download page (during upgrade) they would reside within the Affinity Folder, or just 'be-there' after download.

I find nothing in PS Plugins.

image.png.2bf9abb7d94ac8ec8fc9d20a9408baf5.png

image.png.c63a711a1a9888ac6eef83f99d657484.png

image.png.cf16c2aca36496e675e1f2d6de674843.png

7 hours ago, Ron P. said:

Hi @8675309 (Jenny), :) Welcome to the forums,

What app are you using, Photo, Designer, or Publisher? As far as I'm aware, none of the Affinity apps come with any plugins. Do you have like the Nik collection? I use the Google free version. If you have them, in Preferences>Photoshop Plugins, click on the Add button. Navigate to the folder where they're located on your system and select the folder. Close and restart the app, (photo in my case). Once restarted, they will show in the Filters>Plugins menu.

Ooops... ( using Photo ).

The Adobe type plugins need to be in the *.8bf file type in order to work in Affinity Photo.

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD

1. You need to have Photoshop plug-ins in order for AP to use them.  

2. I am not a Windows user, but you can probably Google the default location for where Photoshop plug-ins get installed for your particular version of Photoshop (it appears that you use Elements - I am not an Elements user, and I am not sure that Elements supports Photoshop plug-ins).

3. While AP has a default plug-ins location (you can drop any compatible PS plug-in in this location and AP will "see" it), you can designate any folder as a plug-in folder for AP to search for PS plug-ins.  As was noted above, you will need to add this folder to the list that AP searches - do this in the Preferences > Photoshop Plug-Ins dialog.  Add, for example, the folder where your plug-ins currently reside for your version of PS.

NB: You will also need to authorize AP to look for plug-in support files globally (in the dialog box below the list of additional plug-in folders) - this allows AP to find and use other files on your computer that assist the plug-ins.

4. Not all PS plug-ins work in AP - search the forums if you are having trouble getting your particular plug-in to work in AP.

5. Once AP finds your plug-ins, they will appear in the Filters > Plugins menu if they are compatible.  You might still find that the plug-in does not work as intended - for example, any plug-in that attempts to change the dimensions of an image will not work (for example, a plug-in that does lens correction and automatically crops the result).

Whatever you end up doing to solve the issue, don't change your number.

kirk

12 hours ago, 8675309 said:

I downloaded the latest version today and several of the 'plugins'...

What were the plugins, and where did you download them from?

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

Thanks all - I appreciate the info ... I found the  'files'  and will play from here.

When I upgraded to 1.9 there was an opportunity to download several ( snow flakes, ... and others I can't recall ).... I snagged them all but am not sure exactly where they went.... the hunt for those continues.

The song remains the same, as does my number, .... call me anytime.

Those aren't plugins! (At least, not in the usual sense of filters)

Assets will be in the Assets tab, Brushes in the Brushes tab etc.

If you don't see those tabs, go to View - Studio and tick the ones that are missing.

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

4 hours ago, PaulEC said:

Those aren't plugins! (At least, not in the usual sense of filters)

Assets will be in the Assets tab, Brushes in the Brushes tab etc.

If you don't see those tabs, go to View - Studio and tick the ones that are missing.

Excellent - THANK YOU - thar she blows captain.... port-side and she's a whopper...

This Affinity - so sophisticated - I'll barely scratch the surface of what it can do -