You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello,

is it normal that I have a small resolution from high quality files?...I try to explain myself with practical examples...

If I open 3 RAW files (for example with different exposure of the same subject) first in Develop Persona, after in Photo Persona and copy/paste them in the same document, to blend them and create a manual HDR, the final file has a resolution of 300 dpi, while if I create a file from New HDR Merge with the same RAW files, the final result it has a resolution of 96 dpi

The same also if I stack the RAW files to align them or whatever: manually the final file has 300dpi, if I stack them automatically with the stacking procedure, the final image has 96dpi.

I have a question: why does APh change the 96 dpi resolution of my final image when the initial images have a resolution of 300 dpi?

Will this scaling affect print quality in any way?

Thank you

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi @zio_johnny,

My apologies for the delayed response here, we are extremely busy following our 1.9 update and working from home is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

On 2/10/2021 at 12:27 AM, zio_johnny said:

if I create a file from New HDR Merge with the same RAW files, the final result it has a resolution of 96 dpi

The same also if I stack the RAW files to align them or whatever: manually the final file has 300dpi, if I stack them automatically with the stacking procedure, the final image has 96dpi.

I have tested this here using both JPEG and .NEF RAW files from my NIKON D3400 and in both cases (manually stacking and using File > New Stack) the resulting file created was 300 DPI.

I also created a test HDR merge, and this too was generated at 300 DPI.

Can you please confirm for me, what camera make/model do your files originate from? If possible could you provide some sample files to the below link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/Rv4oCJfOugRRNUhqL6v5

Many thanks in advance!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi @zio_johnny,

My apologies for the delayed response here, we are extremely busy following our 1.9 update and working from home is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

I have tested this here using both JPEG and .NEF RAW files from my NIKON D3400 and in both cases (manually stacking and using File > New Stack) the resulting file created was 300 DPI.

I also created a test HDR merge, and this too was generated at 300 DPI.

Can you please confirm for me, what camera make/model do your files originate from? If possible could you provide some sample files to the below link for me?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/Rv4oCJfOugRRNUhqL6v5

Many thanks in advance!

Hi Dan C !

Thanks for the reply!
I uploaded to the dropbox link three raw images and a jpg obtained following a HDR with automatic process.
I'm using APh ver. 1.8.5, and as you can verify I use a nikon D750, and the final JPG image is at 96 DPI

• Staff

Thanks for the further information provided and for your files!

8 minutes ago, zio_johnny said:

I'm using APh ver. 1.8.5, and as you can verify I use a nikon D750, and the final JPG image is at 96 DPI

I can confirm that this behaviour has since been fixed in our latest version (1.9.1) as I have created a HDR merge using your RAW files here and the resultant file is created at 300 DPI, as expected.

Screenshot_2021-03-12_172940.png

If you need any assistance in updating to the latest version, please let me know :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!