You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

BUG - Export Persona (split)

Hello there :)

Kinda have the same Problem. I was playing around with the "export persona" (not to mention, AD crashes sometimes when creating new slices). But since they wont snap to artboards / to the grid, i deleted all of the slices and went back to exporting them manually. 

Here comes the pain. Now all of the artboards have a weird white border when exporting them as png (same thing with other formats). The export in its final dimension still is 1920x1080px (as wanted), but AD shrinks the artboard and adds this white frame to right and bottom. 

Only workaround afaik is creating a new artboard, drag and drop the files, then export it again. :/ 

AD - Preview Bug.png

AD - Export jpg.jpg

@Peppicko

Can you upload a sample AD document that shows the problem?

Just one Artboard copied to a new document should be sufficient

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Yes, take a look.

I cleaned the most of it. Within the file you will see an "Old ArtBoard w Frame". This is one of the mentionend ArtBoards, that broke after use of the export persona (has no slice). Furthermore I put a "New ArtBoard" in this dokument, thats works correctly. So does a single picture if you export it as selection w/o background. 

AD v1.9.0.932

AD - Weird Border - 210210.afdesign

*** In addition, when you are in the export persona (all slices deleted so far), and you select all 2 ArtBoards in the layer tab, to create slices, this happens: (which somehow explains the unwanted white border..)

AD - create slice.png

Edited by Peppicko

The Artboard has an Outer Shadow effect applied to it. Once that is removed it exports OK

I think this should be logged as a bug for 2 reasons.

1. An outer shadow effect on an Artboard should not distort the image like that

2. There is no FX indication on the Artboard layer in the Layers panel. Which if there was, would have made this problem a lot quicker to find.

@Peppicko  Nice find for your first post, it had me stumped for a while

artboard.png

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Aawwh, yes. This gave me a lot of headaches. - I was just clicking around too, in search of a solution / other workaround.  Since the ArtBoard itself gives no indicator, that an FX is applied to. Nor does it show an Border or margin. I found another way, to set things back to normal (but why use it, for there is no intention? to FX an ArtBoard) ... use the "standard settings button" 

Then the Artboard in the export persona works kinda normal. You still have to move the ArtBoard itsel with "forced pixelbypixel". Then you can use the create Slices. // If your "1920x1080 ArtBoard" is of by a digit (eg. X: 100,3px - Y: 200,7px), then the slice sometimes will be off by 1 --> 1920x1081. Manuall slices still won't snap correct to an ArtBoard, but I think thats another bug / feature of the future

AD - adjust.png

• 3 weeks later...