You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Wrap text to shape in Affinity Designer (e.g. letters "h-e-a-r-t" forming a heart shape)

Hi all,

I was wonderning if it is possible to create a shape an fill it with text. So for example creating a fish shape and will it with the letters F - I - S - H. Unfortunately, I was unable to find something in the forum or in youtube tutorials, but for adobe illustrator, that I would like to share as a reference:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCHsva6ISa4

Did I miss something out? 

I read, something should / could be coming arround in one of the next updates. But in the latest release (1.9.0) I couldn't find anything. Maybe this was just a rumour?

Thanks a lot!

BW
Holger 

w-a-t-e-r in waterdrop.png

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Conneri2311,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

My apologies for the delayed response here, we are extremely busy following our 1.9 update and working from home is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

The feature that you're looking for is often referred to a vector-warp, or the Envelope Tool. Unfortunately Affinity Designer doesn't currently support a Vector Warp feature, my apologies.

On 2/9/2021 at 8:08 PM, Conneri2311 said:

I read, something should / could be coming arround in one of the next updates. But in the latest release (1.9.0) I couldn't find anything. Maybe this was just a rumour?

Many users have requested this feature on our forums previously and it's certainly something we hope to add in a future update - however we have no timescale for this currently.

I hope this clears things up!

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

@Conneri2311, you cannot do this in Designer, but you can do it in Photo. In  Photo you can use the Liquify Persona, or the Shear tool ( Filter > Distort > Shear ). There is a discussion of this here. You will need to scroll down to get to the Shear posts.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi Guys, 

Being new to the Forum I indeed was suprised for the long response time, so thanks for the explanation, that helps! No problem and I do understand.

Thx for your answer. 

I would be happy if this Feature would be added in Designer, too.

Again, big thanks!

Pls stay healthy.

Holger

18 hours ago, Conneri2311 said:

Being new to the Forum I indeed was suprised for the long response time

As @Dan C says, the Serif staff are extra busy at the moment. However I am surprised that one of us ordinary users did not pick it up. Sorry about that.

You could have bumped your question after 48 hours, which would bring it to the front of the listings.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630