You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Object/layer Hide Bug on Designer 1.9.0.932

Seems 1.9 have some new bugs. One of them is a glitch on hiding object/layer where it seems to affect multiple object/layer that's not selected even on different artboard. Here's a sample vid of the bug

There are lots of weird stuff as well like mask within a group in symbol sometimes jumps across the artboard when the symbol is inserted to other artboard or one of the object inside it is moved (I tried to replicate it in this video at 0:18 mark but it's not happening, so just ignore this part)

I'm gonna jump out of this 1.9 ship and go back to 1.8, hopefully other people can post proof of the other bug. I have some deadlines and not gonna deal with this bug.

Also my system is Lenovo Y700-15isk, Win 10,  Intel i7 6700HQ, GTX 970M, 16GB RAM. Update from latest 1.8.5 to 1.9 (not clean install).

Thanks lads

Edited by envinite

OK i'm probably just being silly,  I just discovered that on this 1.9 (based on the prev attached video) it seems that hiding Symbol (the symbol itself, not the group/ objects within it) will automatically hides other symbol that attached to it.

I always thought that hide/show symbol is treated as individual setting of the selected symbol rather than collective setting of all attached symbol. Is this how it always worked and I'm just having alzheimer moment?

• Staff

Hi envinite,

This is something we're aware of and with development - unfortunately the visibility of the object is tied to the symbol so that's why it is turning on/off for every layer. It is indeed a known issue that isn't new to 1.9. 

I'll get your comments passed over to development.