You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APhoto 1.9.1.943 - Performance much better

The performance of APhoto with OpenCL is now substantially improved since the new Beta release (limited testing to date).  I have had to disable OpenCL on the production release.

(1)  The slow, jerky performance when painting (large document) is very  much reduced - I now see what looks a very fine jitter as the brush catches up.  The only remaining point with is that when the brush is moved (not drawing), it jumps around a lot - that is to say - the black circle around the brush moves relatively smoothly but the coloured square in the middle jumps around as though it's new position is only recalculated when the circle slows or  stops moving.  It's slightly disconcenrting but not a big deal

(2) loading and particularly developing a DNG is now faster than it ever was in production

I also no longer hear the fans in the computer gear up for action. Thank you Affinity Team,. It makes the product, as far as I am concerned, usable with OpenCL. 

My system: Windows 64 bit, 64 GB/AMD Ryzen 7 3700X/AMD Radeon RX550 graphics card