You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FEATURE REQUESTS !!

First of all, Thank you to the Affinity team . To the matter I was an Illustrator user for over 10 years and now am an affinity designer user. As a graphic designer i would like to suggest some features on upcoming versions.

1. RECENT FONTS - As a designer we use limited number of fonts ina single design. we use variations. but the number of fonts using in a single design is limited. So we would like to see Recent used fonts in font drop down. Its a small feature, but it will help us Big
  2. PLACE THINGS OUTSIDE CANVAS - Next feature i suggest is  as a designer we use different small elements in design. But we have only canvas to place things. If we place something outside canvas , it wont be visible. For print view, this is ok. We like to breath more freely. so lets place thing beyond canvas temporarily. so we can give them good place later.  (Firtst Screen shot-from Illustrator)) 
  3. ERASER TOOL- Yes, affinity designer have an eraser tool in Pixel persona and it work well. But we need one in Designer tool box. Because when we use eraser tool from pixel persona. it remains same object. But in illustrator we could ungroup it . So either add the feature to ungroup erased parts in to different object (second Screen shot)
  4. SMOOTH TOOL - To fine tune curves , a smoothing tool is preferred 

this is all from my side.. Hope you will consider it . thank you so much 

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 1.16.01 PM.png

Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 1.26.31 PM.png

4 hours ago, TravancoreKing said:

sorry.. but none of your images are not visible...

Do you mean "none of your images are visible"?

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Smooth tool or even better a simplify operation is missed really hard. Especially concerning the results of bool operations.

Vector eraser would be nice, too. As well as a "recent fonts" section in the fonts menu. The last two aren't really on my personal priority list, but I can see the need.

As for placing objects outside the canvas, you can do that even now. As long as you have only one cavas and no artboards, they are just invisible outside the canvas, but they are there. When you turn the canvas into an artboard, objects outside the artboard are visible, too.

9 minutes ago, chessboard said:

a "recent fonts" section in the fonts menu

There are already Recent, Used and Favourite lists of fonts. 

Acer XC-895 : Core i5-10400 Hexa-core 2.90 GHz :  32GB RAM : Intel UHD Graphics 630 : Windows 10 Home
Affinity Publisher 2 : Affinity Photo 2 : Affinity Designer 2 : (latest release versions) on desktop and iPad

• 2 weeks later...

yes i got the recent font option. thankx. but frankly..  its not that much user friendly . coz to use that panel effectively, you must use all fonts needed in your design first. so i suggest recent font displayed as top of font drop down ..  

@chessboard yes out side can vcas, yes.. there are things.. but invisbile..  you know.. is it really usefull?  but for art board its visible ..  

On 2/17/2021 at 6:07 AM, chessboard said:

As for placing objects outside the canvas, you can do that even now. As long as you have only one cavas and no artboards, they are just invisible outside the canvas, but they are there. When you turn the canvas into an artboard, objects outside the artboard are visible, too.

Just turn off View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/5/2021 at 12:16 AM, walt.farrell said:

Just turn off View > View Mode > Clip to Canvas.

That's nice for viewing stuff in the editor (and thanks for the tip), but when objects are outside the canvas they don't get exported to files like svg.

Which is a problem when doing things like creating animations where things need to be outside the (svg) view(box) before they move unto the 'stage', which happens a lot in animations/interactives.

So for me the request to make it possible to have objects outside the canvas AND export them (perhaps with a checkbox to either clip or don't clip) still stands and would be highly appreciated!

So this:

image.png.419b4c37c78b92af9734768874686a0b.png

is exported without the rect:

image.png.9f4e098a28c9b88aede16eb5b7e002e9.png

But also the following example, which is represented by some simple shapes here, but could be a complete character, like an animal or object sticking half 'in view' to be animated fully into view, would loose important parts of the figure during export, making it useless after export. Ofcourse we can work around that by putting stuff completely on the canvas and move it outside by code before animating, but it's far from an ideal workflow. Also it's not always possible to fit elements onto the canvas, as they might be bigger than the canvas to, for example, let them scroll by during animation.

image.png.27e092c30be17354a5c0b09901cbb21a.png

15 minutes ago, Cuando said:

I do not get active clip to canvas 😞

What do you mean by “active” here? :/

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Do you actually have a canvas that you can clip to? The ‘Clip to Canvas’ option isn’t available for artboards.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)