You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher 1.9.0 Crashes on Export dialogue

• Staff

Hi @Dave Dennis,

We've had a couple of reports of this, and it was fixed for a couple of users by replacing some linked documents in their files (just replacing them with the same file to re link them).

If you could have a go at doing this and let me know if that fixes the File > Export crash

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

I've got this same problem. When I enter the export dialog, Publisher 1.9 crashes on the PDF export tab. I tried relinking all files and it worked fine. But I have a many publisher files with A LOT of links (80+). It would be nice to have this issue fixed soon in an update. 

Thanks.

• Staff

Normally a dialog will open prompting to report an issue, if this doesn't happen can you navigate to Console and the User Reports folder, it may have generated one in there.

Depending on your MacOS version it may also just be called "Crash Reports"

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd. - www.serif.com

Same here, repeatedly crashes when the export dialogue opens. Three crash reports despatched to Apple. Tested it by saving different sections of the document and then deleting or replacing embedded images, after which it seems stable. But the document contains far too many images for me to reasonably spend time replacing them all, so a speedy fix to this would be very much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: the problem persists in version 1.9.1. Documents created in 1.8x containing linked or embedded files cause Publisher to crash immediately when the export dialogue window appears. Tested with two different Publisher (1.8.6) documents, one containing a variety of linked and embedded files, the other included a small number of graphic elements created in Designer 1.8.6. In each case the result was a crash when attempting export. However deletion or replacement of all the linked or embedded files allowed export of the documents to proceed normally. Retention of any external items, irrespective of size or source, will cause a crash.