You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Anyone else had problems with Affinity Photo 1.9 crashing?

2 hours ago, JAON said:

I too have had constant crashes with 1.9. I gave up on trying to fix it and went back to older version. I see they hace release 1.9.1 now. Can anyone confirm if this has fixed the crashing issue? I'm also disappointed in Affinty's response (or lack therof) to this issue. Some of us rely on these tools for our jobs. We should be used as Beta testers. 

Nope.  Newer versions don't fix the problem.  Apparently there's some new setting in 1.9 which, especially in combination with some graphics drivers, is causing a lot of people problems.  (Why it's still set as ON by default, given the number of crash reports, is beyond me.)  I turned it off, and so far, I think it's behaving better.  (I haven't had a chance to use AP all that much yet since changing it.)  Edit > Preferences > Performance, and UNCHECK "Enable OpenCL compute acceleration." You then have to reboot for this change to take effect.