You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't edit image in Photo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Jpburns,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we are extremely busy following our 1.9 update and working from home is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:39 PM, Jpburns said:

I wonder if my problem is that I originally bought Photo through the Apps Store and subsequently bought designer directly.

I can confirm that this certainly wouldn't stop this feature from functioning - to test this I uninstalled my Affinity Designer from the Mac App Store and installed the Affinity Store version of this app, whilst leaving Affinity Photo as the Mac App Store version to replicate your setup.

I was then able to create a new document in Designer, or Affinity Photo and sent the document between the two apps successfully each time. This worked when both of the applications were open, or when the source application was open and the destination application closed.

This would therefore likely indicate a local issue on your Mac, so I'm going to need some more information to investigate this further. Can you please confirm for me:

What version of macOS are you running?

What version of the Affinity apps is installed? (You can find out under Affinity [Pho, Des, Pub] > About)

Are all of your apps running the same version? The latest should be version 1.9.1.x

Doe this happen for any document, or only certain ones?

Are you able to send from any Affinity app to another, or do you always see this error message regardless of source and destination app?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Quantum,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. The above issue is reported for Mac, however I can see you are using a Windows license. Are you seeing the same error message as above, or a different one?

If you could provide a screenshot of the error message you're seeing, this would certainly help!

Are you looking to send documents from Affinity Photo to Affinity Publisher using File > Edit in Publisher - or are you trying to use StudioLink within Publisher to access the Photo Persona?

Many thanks in advance :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

• Staff

Not to worry, thanks for letting me know!

If you have both Publisher and Photo installed then you shouldn't need to use the File > Edit in Photo option, you can simply use StudioLink to edit the image as though you were in Affinity Photo directly.

Please select the image in your Publisher document that you wish to edit, then in the top left of the application you should see the Photo logo alongside Designer and Publisher -

Photo Persona.jpg

Please select the Photo logo and this should open the Photo Persona. Here you will have access to many of the editing tools and features of Affinity Photo - without actually leaving the Publisher app at all!

Whilst in this 'Persona' you should be able to apply any changes you want to this image in your document, then when you're finished simply re-select the 'Publisher' icon in the top left of the app and you will be taken back to the Publisher Persona to continue editing the rest of your document.

I hope this helps! :)

9 hours ago, Dan C said:

Not to worry, thanks for letting me know!

If you have both Publisher and Photo installed then you shouldn't need to use the File > Edit in Photo option, you can simply use StudioLink to edit the image as though you were in Affinity Photo directly.

Please select the image in your Publisher document that you wish to edit, then in the top left of the application you should see the Photo logo alongside Designer and Publisher -

Photo Persona.jpg

Please select the Photo logo and this should open the Photo Persona. Here you will have access to many of the editing tools and features of Affinity Photo - without actually leaving the Publisher app at all!

Whilst in this 'Persona' you should be able to apply any changes you want to this image in your document, then when you're finished simply re-select the 'Publisher' icon in the top left of the app and you will be taken back to the Publisher Persona to continue editing the rest of your document.

I hope this helps! :)

Ahh, thanks. That's quite cool. Brightness works a lot better than exposure on my image.