You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

Ive just come across a bug while entering IPTC metadata on an image.

I accidentally hit the Creative Commons drop down and the list appears and set to one of the provided regulations but when I realised I tried to reset it to None only for the list not to reset properly. Although I can see None in the list it will not let me reset it to None. I’ve made numerous attempts, including rebooting the iPad but it won’t reset.

I am a professional and need all my work to show as Copyrighted, I don’t release anything under the Creative Commons regulations. Although I see a tick box for Public Domain there is nothing for copyrighted material. Normal professional IPTC editing software, such as PhotoMechanic, or even Photoshop, allows the user to select a copyrighted option. I don’t see that facility within Affinity Photo.

It may appear minor to some users, but real pros need the ability to assert copyright within their images, otherwise the software is pretty much useless to them.

Any help gratefully appreciated 

kind regards 

Paul Saxby

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Lightpro/Paul,

My sincerest apologies for the delayed response here! We are extremely busy following our 1.9 update and working from home is unfortunately extending our response window to be longer than normal, many thanks for your continued patience and understanding here.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, Lightpro said:

I accidentally hit the Creative Commons drop down and the list appears and set to one of the provided regulations but when I realised I tried to reset it to None only for the list not to reset properly. Although I can see None in the list it will not let me reset it to None. I’ve made numerous attempts, including rebooting the iPad but it won’t reset.

Thanks for your report, I can confirm I've replicated this issue here and I will get this logged with our developers as a bug now.

On 2/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, Lightpro said:

I am a professional and need all my work to show as Copyrighted, I don’t release anything under the Creative Commons regulations. Although I see a tick box for Public Domain there is nothing for copyrighted material. Normal professional IPTC editing software, such as PhotoMechanic, or even Photoshop, allows the user to select a copyrighted option. I don’t see that facility within Affinity Photo.

As far as I understand it, the checkbox for 'Copyright' in the Rights section of the Metadata Studio will allow you to enable the Copyright information that you can add in this Studio, including the choice for the document to be licensed under the creative commons license, if you wish. You can of course leave the CC option as 'None' (provided it hasn't been changed due to the aforementioned bug) and simply enter your own copyright information for the file to include.

If this is not what you're looking for, could you please explain further or provide an example for me? This may be due to my limited knowledge with copyrighting, so my apologies in advance if this is the case!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!