You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Probably the ones you used before had just sheared, rotated and disproportional resized objects, but no warped ones in it? As long as there's no warping/distortion, most of the files with smart objects work.

Or did the example file you posted above worked in a previous version? If so, this might indeed be an issue which the devs might want to look into.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

16 hours ago, NicBham said:

Yes sorry I meant that it was the same file worked previously before the update :)

As said, this is certainly an unwanted behaviour then. I'd report it in the bugs' section so the devs can have a look into it.

»A designer's job is to improve the general quality of life. In fact, it's the only reason for our existence.«
Paul Rand (1914-1996)

@NicBham

The bug reporting forums are here

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• Staff

Hi @EdParis,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

As mentioned above - 

On 2/13/2021 at 11:32 AM, Andy05 said:

Affinity can't deal with (smart) objects in PSD files if there's a warp effect applied to them.

It appears as though this PSD may have been using such warp effects, unfortunately there's no workaround to get these filter types working in Affinity currently, my apologies.

You can try using the Perspective and Mesh Warp tools in Affinity to correct the mockup, but this may not look quite the same as the PSD would in Photoshop. This is something we hope to change in the future, although we have no further information regarding this currently.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

• Staff

Hi @NicBham,

Apologies, I agree that your issue is separate to EdParis's report and I can also see that you have since posted in the bugs section regarding this. This is the correct place for your post as our QA team need to investigate this further if your document was not showing this issue in the previous version.

I have left a note on this bug report post for our QA team, explaining the situation and your previous report here, as this certainly seems like an issue that requires investigation - one of our QA team will respond ASAP to your thread there.

I hope this clears things up :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)