You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I last used affinity designer I could move a text box until it lined up with the edges of radius corners shown in the image below and the text box would snap to them, this is no longer the case. My snapping options have not  changed but I have tried various combinations to get it working again without luck. I frequently use this to lay out text and have numerous documents where this will no longer work. 

I've not used Designer for a couple of months So I cannot say for certain if the 1.9 update is responsible or not, unfortunatly I updated to 1.9 before noticing this issue. It was however working fine when I last used it and I have not changed any other settings in the meantime, quite literally stopped using it and picked it back up again. I'm experiencing the same issue on both my laptop and desktop windows computers.

Snapping Issue.jpg

Welcome to the forums @tarrryan
I can replicate the issue in Designer 1.9.0 on Windows 10, but I cannot confirm whether this has changed since earlier versions since I can't remember needing to do it before.
I've tried various methods, including converting the shape with corners to curves, but I can't get an Artistic Text layer to snap in the way you suggest.
This doesn't mean that it is not possible (or wasn't possible), just that I haven't found a way.
Are you absolutely sure that, in Designer, you could use the corner geometry to snap to, and that you didn't have any guides or something else - maybe elsewhere on the page - that you were snapping to?

Thanks for your reply, I did this for quite a long time over a period of a couple of years on several dozen different documents, frequently changing snapping and other options along the way and it always did it. I would use it to align the text within the box to maintain consistent presentation.

I am going to try and install an older version of Designer and see if that makes any difference to the problem I'm having. 

Edit: I have downgraded to version 1.8.5 and straight away it snaps to the corner as shown in the image. 

Snapping.jpg

Edited by tarrryan