You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I just installed affinity photo 1.9! I would like to find tutorial starting from scratch! one for beginners. when I go to learn basic for beginners the interface dies not look like mine. so it is hard to follow. I bought one by udmy but can't follow exactly because the lay out is different and tools perform differently

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Vijay Cheema,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums and my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here!

I have included some links below for the Affinity resources, including our 'Quick Start Guide', video tutorials and online helpfile:

Quick Start Guide - https://resources.serif.com/photo/start_guide/Affinity+Photo+Start+Guide.pdf 

Video tutorials - https://affinity.serif.com/tutorials/photo/desktop/ 

Online helpfile - https://affinity.help/ 

Should you have any questions regarding these, please don't hesitate to ask! If you're still having trouble understanding the app layouts you're seeing, please provide a screenshot of both your apps layout and the video in question, so we can assist further :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

Welcome to the Forums @Vijay Cheema!  In addition to the very important links @Dan C has provided you above, there is an excellent presentation, dated January 23, 2020, by James Ritson from the Affinity team.  You can print out that very long article for future reference, and you will surely find it a really nice way to get started.  It has the added advantage of letting you follow along on your own computer by downloading a practice file to work with as various actions are explained.   You will find the article by logging into https://affinityspotlight.com/articles/recent and then scroll a long way down until you reach a section titled "Top learning articles for Affinity newcomers," click on that and then scroll down to "Jump into Affinity Photo."   Click on that to read (and save) the article.

Hope this will also help to get you up and running!😊

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

On 2/7/2021 at 5:27 PM, Vijay Cheema said:

I just installed affinity photo 1.9! I would like to find tutorial starting from scratch! one for beginners. when I go to learn basic for beginners the interface dies not look like mine. so it is hard to follow. I bought one by udmy but can't follow exactly because the lay out is different and tools perform differently

Welcome Vijay!

In addition to the other two responses so far,  it is likely that in the tutorials you are watching, the teacher will have his/her user interface customized to their work preferences, versus the factory preset.  For example, fairly early on, you might need to customize the Left-sided Tools Panel (add more columns) just in order to see/use the bottom 3 icons there.  Affinity Photo Help: Customizing the Tools panel

Many other customizations can be made, and often are.