You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer and Publisher 1.9.0.932

In the keyboard shortcuts page, I set Q as View>...>Studio Preset 1 and save it as an afshort file. It works as long as the programme is running but when I close the programme and restart it, the shortcut has gone.

I had the same in the beta version but assumed it was because it was beta.

Is it me?

This shortcut is extremely flakey on AD 1.9.0 on my iMac. Sometimes it appears in the Designer > View keyboard shortcuts list & sometimes it does not appear at all, as if a keyboard shortcut for any Studio Preset is not supported.

I tried using "Q" as a shortcut for my (only) current preset. That worked once to reset the studio after I changed the panels around a bit, but never after that first time, producing a system beep each time I tried it thereafter.

Worse, when I went into keyboard shortcuts & tried to delete the "Q" preset while it was showing, AD hung & I jad to force quit it to recover.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Thanks R C-R, at least now I know I'm not the only one having problems.

I've used it successfully on several betas but only by loading the saved afshort file for each session. When I close and restart the programme, it's 'forgotten' the shortcut.

As you can see by the picture below, once loaded, the shortcut appears in the View menu, but again only for the current session.

One for Serif, it seems.

preset shortcut.png

2 hours ago, Lagarto said:

... its shortcut key did not work, trying to remove or reassign shortcut key crashed the app, and no shortcuts for created views get listed subsequently.

My test shortcut key ("Q") worked once only, then produced a system beep if invoked again during the same session. Trying to remove it hung the app, requiring a force quit to recover. On the next launch, the shortcut was gone, as was my preset in the keyboard shortcuts View options -- IOW, there was no place to add it back. The preset still works if invoked from the View > Studio Presets menu but I no longer have a way to assign any shortcut to it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

It looks like this 1.9 has problems with keyboard shortcuts.

With Designer: Shortcut doesn't take effect when switching to Pixel Persona. I would have to reload my saved shortcuts ever time I start designer. The default Persona works fine. A similar problem also occurs with Photo. In Develop Persona, my custom shortcuts doesn’t work, no matter how many times I set or load it, it simply won't take effect.

• Staff
On 2/7/2021 at 3:32 PM, Eddy-2 said:

In the keyboard shortcuts page, I set Q as View>...>Studio Preset 1 and save it as an afshort file. It works as long as the programme is running but when I close the programme and restart it, the shortcut has gone.

I had the same in the beta version but assumed it was because it was beta.

Thanks for letting us know - I believe this is now fixed in 1.9.1 beta. I've tried it in both 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 and I was unable to reproduce it in 1.9.1.Feel free to give the beta a try! Also please bear in mind that if you do spot an issue in the beta, do please tell as as we may not already know (such was the case here).

On 2/7/2021 at 7:19 PM, R C-R said:

I tried using "Q" as a shortcut for my (only) current preset. That worked once to reset the studio after I changed the panels around a bit, but never after that first time, producing a system beep each time I tried it thereafter.

Worse, when I went into keyboard shortcuts & tried to delete the "Q" preset while it was showing, AD hung & I jad to force quit it to recover.

This is a separate macOS only issue that we're aware of and is with development - Unfortunately the two are quite different when it comes to shortcuts.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, i am using Designer, Photo & Publisher version 1.9.0.932 on a Windows 10 Computer.

I customize my shortcuts and save them.
After the restart of any application my shortcuts has gone and it is necessary to load them again.

What can I do to load my own shortcuts automatically?

17 minutes ago, Ronny D. said:

Hello, i am using Designer, Photo & Publisher version 1.9.0.932 on a Windows 10 Computer.

I customize my shortcuts and save them.
After the restart of any application my shortcuts has gone and it is necessary to load them again.

What can I do to load my own shortcuts automatically?

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums, Ronny.

Note: You posted in a thread in the "Designer Bugs found on MacOS" forum. As you're using Windows, it would have been better to post in the general desktop questions forum, or in a topic in the Windows bug forum :)

Are you closing each of your applications after you customize the shortcuts? They aren't really saved until the application is closed successfully.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 2 years later...
  • Staff

The issue "[macOS] Keyboard shortcut for Pixel Category > Tools doesn't save after a restart" (REF: AF-206) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.3.0.2083".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.