You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Assets panel not displaying certain assets

Assets not displaying, although they are there.
Now with 1.9 this is a bit of a problem. Assets are not displaying correctly in a lot of cases.
Most of the ‘free’ assets that come with the update are there, but just don’t display in the assets space.
The dust you see on the canvas was applied by just randomly touching the asset space and selecting ‘insert’ . Not really ideal!
As you can see in the assets studio panel there is nothing displayed.
Is this the reason people are complaining about the assets not installing?

and can this be fixed?

62BFC86E-D677-471A-9264-6CBB599E28EB.jpeg

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

1 hour ago, HarryMcGovern said:

As you can see in the assets studio panel there is nothing displayed.

As I can see from your screenshot, they are displayed. They are just very dark, because they are largely black patterns, and against a dark background. Clearly that is not ideal.

If you had the light UI available they woud probably be more obvious. Also, if the iPad version has the option to show them as a list, as the desktop version does, enabling that option might help you; at least the names would be visible.

1 hour ago, HarryMcGovern said:

Is this the reason people are complaining about the assets not installing?

I don't think so, because at least the category name is there, and I don't recall anyone saying the category showed up but was empty. But you could be right.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@walt.farrell It’s the same on the Mac. On the iPad there’s no list option unfortunately. I have tried changing the UI from Light/Dark etc. Even screen brightness, but nothing I can do makes a difference.

So it’s only some of the assets. As you note, the dark ones. They just disappear in the panel. Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to live with it. I’ll put it in the wish list.

thanks for having a look.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

@Affinity-Inspiration

You're welcome.

I hope that Serif can come up with something that will help you. (Well, us, really. I have a similar issue with other assets, but at least List Mode helps a bit.)

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

44 minutes ago, Photo_G said:

@pedro1161, I had the same issue with Photo.  I was on IOS 14.1, so I updated to 14.4 and then swiped on the asset menu.  After I did that, the list came up and had all of the Assets.

G

Hi, yes, in this case though, all the assets are there, it's just not possible to see the ones that are black or gray.

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

@Affinity-Inspiration

6 hours ago, HarryMcGovern said:

all the assets are there, it's just not possible to see the ones that are black or gray.

Yes this is an ongoing issue (lack of contrast in ui) made worse by the fact we cannot show a list of named assets in assets studio,

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• 9 months later...

It’s very annoying. Version 1.10.3 is the same for both photo and designer. I have the issue with dust brushes and lightning. The assets are faintly there, but it’s a game of roulette getting the right one. A real let down as the app is great and the assets are not free. Judging by the posts here, this has been going on far too long.

• 7 months later...