You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Both Photo and Designer (I don't use Publisher to check) have a new "My Account" button that allows you to view and manage your purchases.

As an example, with Photo 1.9 I can log in with my account in and see the new free resources, and all previous ones I purchased:

- 20 Fog Overlays by Paper Farms
- 20 Rain Overlas by Paper Farms
etc...

I downloaded all of them using the "My Account" feature in Photo. Now, when I switch to the "My Account" feature from Designer, they are not listed as installed, instead I have to download them a second time.

(1) Where are the assets stored once downloaded? There is no mention within the window, and I cannot find them by browsing to C:\Program Files\Affinity\...

(2) Are the assets stored separately, as opposed to a 'shared' resource? Or is this a bug in the "My account" window

4 minutes ago, Rob123456789 said:

I downloaded all of them using the "My Account" feature in Photo. Now, when I switch to the "My Account" feature from Designer, they are not listed as installed, instead I have to download them a second time.

I would assume here (can't use "My Account" here since my OS is too old for that new feature), that every app manages these assets individually. So when you use "My Account" from inside of different Affinity apps, every app (APh, ADe, APub) manages this on it's own, they don't share the assets among all possible installed Affinity apps.

Though the Affinity dev team probably could try to enhance this in the future, to make it more like a shared loose coupling then, so that among apps equally usable assets, styles, brushes ... etc. could be stored instead in an shared local repository, where each app uses those then from. - The whole would save a bunch of disk space and also help to reduce installing duplettes here.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Each application has its own set of Assets, Styles, Brushes, etc.

The new My Account feature does not change that. It merely makes it easier to get content purchased from the Affinity Store loaded into the applications.

I'll link to a FAQ below that shows where the applications store this information, in the "user" folder. But, for example, each asset pack that you download (or each asset category, subcategory, or asset that you create) end up in a single file, assets.propcol, in that "user" folder.

During download (using My Account), it appears that the content pack is temporarily placed into another directory ("temp"), then broken apart and put into the relevant "user" file. That temporary directory is (on Windows, at least) a sibling of the "user" directory, and located in the same parent folder. I do not know how long the data in that "temp" directory is kept.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1