You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi @Fritz_H,

Apologies for the delayed response here!

On 2/7/2021 at 11:40 AM, Fritz_H said:

Why just the elliptical selection tool?

I'm not sure if there was a reason this option was only added for elliptical and not for rectangular selections or if this was simply an oversight. I'll log this with the devs now to see if this can be added :)

Why still no option to draw shapes from center?

My apologies, which shapes are you referring to here? As I understand it, our Quick Shapes support drawing from centre when using the CTRL/Command modifier key.

Why still no option to crop from center?

Unfortunately there are many features that customers are still waiting to be added into the apps in a future update, including this one. This is logged as an improvement with our devs and I will 'bump' this log now for you.

--> Why do both modifiers, CTRL and ALT-GR, switch to the straighten tool?

As far as I'm aware, only the CTRL key should activate the straighten tool, so I suspect this is a bug with ALT-GR and I will log this as such now.

Many thanks for your report :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

As far as I'm aware, only the CTRL key should activate the straighten tool, so I suspect this is a bug with ALT-GR and I will log this as such now.

This may be explained by the fact that AltGr is the same as Ctrl+Alt.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)