You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues WIth new update 1.9.0.932

Dutchy

21 minutes ago, gabriel_komorov said:

They are very general - can't pinpoint anything specific. Just imagine using software in pre-alpha state, and you should have pretty good idea of my issues.

I appreciate you're frustrated, but your description of the problems doesn't give me enough information to start investigating or debugging the problems you're experiencing. Did you try the suggestion of disabling hardware acceleration in Preferences? What GPU do you have? 

13 hours ago, Joao Silva said:

Here.. take a look at this.. just happened now as i was doing a abstract B&W modeling .. (it was the first time i was using this specific live filter)

artifact_bug.jpg

I see what you are saying, but I am not experiencing anything like that. Try changing your renderer to WARP, it's worth a try.

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

4 hours ago, Gregory St. Laurent said:

I see what you are saying, but I am not experiencing anything like that...

Well.. try to replicate this. Apply a live filter like distortion to an object (let's say... a dotted XoY plane).. then.. scale this object after the live filter has been activated!

Artifacts should be poppin like..  leprechauns at the end of the rainbow...

As far as i can see.. it seems to me like the yser-invisible mesh used for the live filter is not updated with the upscale or downscale of the object resulting in this (gaps, distends or overlaps). This seems like a core error.. not a graphical card issue.. but.. i might be wrong..

This however does not happen on the newest beta. So.. they probably fixed this scaling issue already. I will be using the beta a checking for further errors...

vc1.jpg

On 2/15/2021 at 9:33 PM, Mark Ingram said:

Hi @Greg Wo, does the app run all of the time, or only on the first operation (e.g. first image load, first brush stroke)?

The NVIDIA Quadro M2000M doesn't meet the minimum requirements of hardware acceleration. 

Thanks for explanation. With checked hw openCL option the app were freezing from time to time, even while changing zoom. I have turned off hw openCl and app works much bettter. 

2021 AFFINITY PROBLEMS. I have the same identical problems as many viewers online since the last update. I open a raw photo in Affinity but suddenly the photo takes much longer to open, it is much darker for some time before it becomes lighter, photos disappear before I save it. The program shuts down while I work on the raw file or regular jpg files. Basically the program crashes and I need to open it over and over. There is something seriously wrong with the entire Affinity program. If this continues I will purchase a different brand for photo editing. These issues needs to be solved before everybody exits to another program. Eva

Installed 1.9. Crashes immediately upon trying to open. WIn 10, all the recent updates, all drivers are updated, etc etc. All my other software is running. I rolled back to previous version. Very disappointing!  They cut the price in half so now we get what we paid for... Others apparently are having similar problems. I have had the previous version awhile but only last couple days have decided to really check it out. Is this type of roll out a problem with Serif?

18 hours ago, evabrown said:

2021 AFFINITY PROBLEMS. I have the same identical problems as many viewers online since the last update. I open a raw photo in Affinity but suddenly the photo takes much longer to open, it is much darker for some time before it becomes lighter, photos disappear before I save it. The program shuts down while I work on the raw file or regular jpg files. Basically the program crashes and I need to open it over and over. There is something seriously wrong with the entire Affinity program. If this continues I will purchase a different brand for photo editing. These issues needs to be solved before everybody exits to another program. Eva

Have you tried disabling hardware acceleration?

5 hours ago, Dick Hoskins said:

Installed 1.9. Crashes immediately upon trying to open. WIn 10, all the recent updates, all drivers are updated, etc etc. All my other software is running. I rolled back to previous version. Very disappointing!  They cut the price in half so now we get what we paid for... Others apparently are having similar problems. I have had the previous version awhile but only last couple days have decided to really check it out. Is this type of roll out a problem with Serif?

Sounds like you potentially have a bad OpenCL driver installed, can you try the latest beta and see if that opens successfully?

23 hours ago, evabrown said:

It is most definitely your computer, there are the occasional bugs but to say that there is something seriously wrong is a little premature. Make sure you meet all minimum requirements then uninstall an reinstall the application and turn off hardware acceleration. I run Photo 1.9 perfectly fine other then a few glitches that I'm sure will be worked out, so it has to be your setup. Good luck

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X, 32GB Ram, RTX 3070, LG 27" 4K 10Bit

Windows 11 22h2

Dell Laptop: i7 7700, 32GB Ram, GTX 1060, 16" 4K

Windows 10 22h2

On 2/17/2021 at 11:17 AM, Mark Ingram said:

I appreciate you're frustrated, but your description of the problems doesn't give me enough information to start investigating or debugging the problems you're experiencing. Did you try the suggestion of disabling hardware acceleration in Preferences? What GPU do you have? 

OK, I've tested few things and it appears that hardware acceleration is responsible for most of my problems. When disabled it makes tremendous change to performance and stability.

I've integrated graphics Intel® UHD Graphics Family @ 1920x1080, latest drivers, Windows 10 Pro 20H2

5 hours ago, gabriel_komorov said:

OK, I've tested few things and it appears that hardware acceleration is responsible for most of my problems. When disabled it makes tremendous change to performance and stability.

I've integrated graphics Intel® UHD Graphics Family @ 1920x1080, latest drivers, Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Which Intel chip? 620? 630?

Hi.  I've just clean installed affinity photo 1.9 and when I try to export a finished job as a JPEG, Affinity just takes me to the project save dialogue with no option to save as JPEG.  I'd no problem with the previous version and I've re-installed 1.9.

Can anyone advise please?
Andy

Edited by andy w

My system:

AMD Ryzen 3 3200U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.60 Ghz

32 GB Ram

64-bit

No pen/touch display

I reaaaally need to learn how to video my desktop...  Sorry.

1.8.5 worked like a dream...flawless...never froze/crashed once.

What I am experiencing with 1.9:

It doesn't "freeze"...just stops doing what you ask it to do...

Examples:

try to save, export your doc so you can restart your AP or computer.  Goes through the process of "save or save as" but doesn't actually do it.

won't open new docs or files (blue circle just spins).  I tried to screenshot my control panel for you (operating system info) but wanted to crop my private info and product key out...  No good.  Spiiin.

When I upgraded my system. AP (1.8.5) was super fast...No lagging like I had grown accustomed to.

Example:  loading LUTs.  

With 1.9. I am back to waiting for it to sort itself.  Blue spin, "not responding"

It eventually comes round.

There are a few small things, but this is my biggest issue ATM.

Many thanks Ellycolor. Your RAM notice gave me the hint.

After a couple of total freezings of affinity in result of the first activities at the slow opened picture, I have increased the available RAM from 10 to 32 GB.

This has solved the problem immediately, Affinity is no more freezing.

4 hours ago, andy w said:

Hi.  I've just clean installed affinity photo 1.9 and when I try to export a finished job as a JPEG, Affinity just takes me to the project save dialogue with no option to save as JPEG.  I'd no problem with the previous version and I've re-installed 1.9.

Can anyone advise please?
Andy

It's just the text that is wrong, it will still save as a JPEG. This is fixed in 1.9.1, you can try it in the latest beta now.