You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replace Image - button behaviour in 1.9

hi

When replacing an image inside the "Picture Frame Rectangle Tool" - pre 1.9 with another newer image (same size and dimension), it used to automatically resize itself according to the previous image inside the "Picture Frame Rectangle". Is there a way to get Affinity Pub to revert back to the behaviour pre 1.9?

In post 1.9 the replace image button resets everything and it gets a little tedious because you have to reset things manually whenever you replace an image (of same size and dimension) inside the "Picture Frame Rectangle"

for clarity

https://imgur.com/cMrECZi

https://imgur.com/zuDuYCD

https://imgur.com/LAIrbfq

Thanks

52 minutes ago, aymanzone said:

It’s more convenient for other users if you attach the images here instead of linking to a third-party website.

43 minutes ago, aymanzone said:

delete comment.

Although you can’t delete the post yourself, you can click on the ‘Options’ link below the posted message and choose ‘Hide’.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

hi @Alfred

imgur.com is a common site and these links are optional (just visual proof) - you don't need to look at them.

As for the hide option, it wasn't clear what it meant. 

I think there may be a very small bug in my situation because I'm exporting an image with an invisible border (i.e. no color, no transparency, just invisible), this invisible border is encompassing the black border of the card. It works with images that don't have invisible border. This is best I can do to describe it. 

17 minutes ago, aymanzone said:

imgur.com is a common site and these links are optional (just visual proof) - you don't need to look at them.

As for the hide option, it wasn't clear what it meant.

I think if any images are useful to upload elsewhere and link to them, they’re useful enough to post right here! But maybe that’s just me.

If you use the ‘Hide’ option, the post is hidden from ordinary users; i.e. the moderators can still see it, but for the rest of us it’s as if you had actually deleted it.

16 minutes ago, aymanzone said:

I think there may be a very small bug in my situation because I'm exporting an image with an invisible border (i.e. no color, no transparency, just invisible), this invisible border is encompassing the black border of the card. It works with images that don't have invisible border. This is best I can do to describe it. 

I don’t know whether the behaviour you’ve observed is actually a bug, but it does seem as though there’s room for improvement.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

On 2/7/2021 at 12:06 AM, Alfred said:

I think if any images are useful to upload elsewhere and link to them, they’re useful enough to post right here! But maybe that’s just me.

I totally agree with you - there is no reason to provide images via any links and intermediaries, when the forum has a full service including file size information. Personally, therefore, I do not look at any such links "somewhere".

It also surprises me if someone demands help, and at the same time deliberately complicates and makes this possible help impossible. I don't find it tactical and clever.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.