You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Updated to 1.9 and now All Affinity apps crash when I try to print.

Since I updated to version 1.9 (this morning) I am unable to print anything on any of the Affinity apps. The program crashes as soon as I select File--> Print.  I don't even make it to a print dialog box. 

No, I don't have any artboards.  Just very simple content.  I have updated Windows, and made sure my Dell laptop could handle the Affinity programs.  I am at my wits end and think I wasted a lot of money on this Suite.

Okay, so I uninstalled 1.9 and installed the previous version on my laptop.  SAME ISSUE.  I did NOT have the issue before I upgraded to 1.9.  As an experiment, I installed the version prior to 1.9 on my husbands laptop and everything worked just fine.  That told me that 1.9 did something to my system. NO WAY was I installing 1.9 on his.  

I uninstalled the previous version on mine — again ... and found a “restore point” on my laptop from about a week and a half ago and wound my whole system back to that point.  THEN I installed the version of Publisher prior to 1.9, and everything works just fine.  

Note to self:  wait a few weeks after a new version is released to get the upgrade.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff

We're aware of a print issue when documents have multiple artboards and some fixes have been added to the betas.

Would you be able to give the latest betas a go, even if your documents don't contain any artboards. You can get them using this link for both macOS and Windows, download and install them alongside your existing versions. Then please create copies of your documents you're wanting to print to test in the beta, please don't use your original files, just in case.

If you still have an issue using the Print option in the beta, please post in the beta sections and include information on your OS and system spec, printer make and model, driver version and if possible a link to one of the files wanting to be printed.

• 1 month later...

Yep I'm still getting this too. Since 1.9 on OS X 10.14.6, Cannon MX920 printer on wi-fi.

I love your work and all, Designer is the best thing since Freehand IMO, and far more fun, intuitive and affordable than Illustrator, but I really won't be downloading betas, reinstalling printer drivers, and generally spending my valuable time doing your testing for you tho. I am committed to using the software, have suggested it to others, signed my kids up to it, but really not being able to print is pretty flamin' fundamental. Should I be nervous about my commitment?