You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't register my Affinity products

I'm seeing this error too, as shown in the screenshots posted on this thread over a year ago and several times since. Why do issues like this take so long to be fixed with Affinity products? This in unprofessional and completely unacceptable. Affinity Designer 1.10.4 on MacOS 10.15.7.

4 minutes ago, Greenalien said:

as shown in the screenshots posted on this thread over a year ago and several times since. Why do issues like this take so long to be fixed with Affinity products?

That was a different problem, which was fixed.

Currently there is a new problem, with a similar error message, but a different cause. It will be fixed in 1.10.5, or you can try the workaround documented in the FAQ:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

2 hours ago, brian gee said:

hi just purchased atmosphere overlays and images and same problem as above with registering so can't use my purchases. seeing first post was over a year ago I would have thought this would have been sorted by now

You do not need to Register to use items you purchased from the Affinity Store. You can download and install them manually from the Affinity Store, at https://affinity.store/account/downloads 

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

3 hours ago, Ana Marquez said:

Hi. 

I have not been able to register my Affinity Photo and therefore do not have access to the free Overlays. Could you please help me? Thank you very much

Hi Ana!

Have you tried the workaround (for Windows) below? For me it worked.

If you want to have enduring access to the additional stuff from Affinity (Assets, Brushes, Fonts...), copy this config-file to the following path: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\ or, if your apps are from the Microsoft Store: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0(Store)\ (for the other apps, replace "Photo" by "Publisher" or "Designer").

AppData is a hiiden folder, so if you haven't already done it, you need to make it visible in the Explorer. Click on "View" on the top of the Explorer and set a hook at something like "Hidden Elements" or so on the right side (don't know how it is called in english. Then the folder "AppData" should appear.

If you start your apps after that, you should be able to sign in/register.

18 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

You do not need to Register to use items you purchased from the Affinity Store. You can download and install them manually from the Affinity Store, at https://affinity.store/account/downloads 

But all of them have a price. How can I get the overlays they offered me for free. This is very complicated and in the purchase process it is announced as very easy.

3 hours ago, Ana Marquez said:

But all of them have a price. How can I get the overlays they offered me for free. This is very complicated and in the purchase process it is announced as very easy.

That response was to a user about their purchased assets.

For the Free ones, you need to register.

To Register, at this point, you need to follow the instructions in the FAQ article that was mentioned above (but here it is again):

-- Walt
PC:

18 hours ago, Ana Marquez said:

Normally it is very easy, but at the moment there is a bug in the apps. So if you are on Windows, follow the instructions in my last post and it should work as it normally should. It is not really challenging. You just need to copy the config-file that is linked in my post into the mentioned folders for each app.

After that, (re)start each app, and you should be able to register/sign in and then have access to the goodies.

If you are on MAC, you should follow the concerning different workflow somewhere here in this thread.

1 minute ago, brian gee said:

hi items I purchased from affinity store I've downloaded but they won't open

What items?

You don't use Open for many of them, but most come with installation instructions; did you look at them? (Many users seem to miss them; they're usually located below the purchased items in the list.)

-- Walt
PC:

2 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

What items?

You don't use Open for many of them, but most come with installation instructions; did you look at them? (Many users seem to miss them; they're usually located below the purchased items in the list.)

As far as I remember (I had the same problem) the items are only accessible if you are signed in, because of the bug. And you can't sign in durable because of the bug. This problem was solved in my case after I copied the config-file into the Affinity-App-Folder and signed in.

9 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

As far as I remember (I had the same problem) the items are only accessible if you are signed in, because of the bug. And you can't sign in durable because of the bug. This problem was solved in my case after I copied the config-file into the Affinity-App-Folder and signed in.

Brian said they'd downloaded the items. So it's not the problem you're thinking of.

Additionally, any purchased items are available from the website even if you can't sign in to the application.

-- Walt
PC:

3 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

Brian said they'd downloaded the items. So it's not the problem you're thinking of.

Additionally, any purchased items are available from the website even if you can't sign in to the application.

I'm not really sure about his problem, but I had downloaded the items too, after I could sign in. But as I started the apps next time, I was signed out and had again no access to the items. Even the Assets panels were empty. This was solved after I copied the config-file into the app folders.

27 minutes ago, iconoclast said:

But as I started the apps next time, I was signed out and had again no access to the items. Even the Assets panels were empty.

Yes, that could happen if you had installed them via My Account instead of installing them manually. Good point.

-- Walt
PC:

10 hours ago, MichaelCox said:

Just downloaded (after deleting an earlier version) Affinity 1.10.4 and I get the same "time out" impossibility to register.

-- Walt
PC: