You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't register my Affinity products

Hi Walt,

thanks for that tip, but unfortunally even that doesn't work. The Assets are only available if I start as admin. But I don't need to sign in to my account for that if I start the app the next times.

However, thanks again! It was worth trying. I'm sure this issue will be solved soon. It was a little bit scary to me, because it happened just after I reinstalled my whole system. So I was afraid that something went wrong with that.

• Staff

If you are still experiencing this issue after trying the 'afreg.cfg' file workaround then please email affinitysupport@serif.com and our team will look into this further for you :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

Hi Dan!

Is this "afreg.cfg"-thing also for Windows? Doesn't seem so. I'm on Windows 10 with the 1.10.4.1198 versions of the Affinity-Apps. I still get the same "We're sorry!"-page as the thread opener if I start the apps the normal way and try to sign in.

Edit: Not to forget, two of my apps are from the Microsoft Store, one (Designer) is from the Affinity Store.

What about betas? Could this be a solution? Where can I get them?

• Staff
21 hours ago, iconoclast said:

Is this "afreg.cfg"-thing also for Windows?

I can confirm this can be used for both Windows or Mac - however the majority of users shouldn't need this on Windows, as simply running as an Administrator should resolve this for you.

21 hours ago, iconoclast said:

I still get the same "We're sorry!"-page as the thread opener if I start the apps the normal way and try to sign in.

Where have you placed the config file currently? On Windows, this needs to be under "C:\Users\[USERNAME]" :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

I haven't placed it anywhere, because I didn't know where it belongs.

But if I copy it to "C:\Users\[USERNAME]", it has no effect (is this really the full path?). I can open the apps as admin - even without the config-file - but it's verry cumbersome to do this every time I start each app.

This problem looks very strange to me, because it didn't happen before I reinstalled my OS and as far as I see, there hasn't been an update since that time. So I can't understand what might have happened in the meantime.

• Staff

Thanks for trying that for me, I can confirm that this was the path provided to me from our team - but I can also see we recently changed how the .cfg file can be read and therefore I'd like to try the following location -

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0\

Changing 'Photo' to 'Designer' or 'Publisher' as required. Do also note that Microsoft Store versions will have a slightly different path -

%AppData%\Affinity\Photo\1.0(Store)\

On 1/20/2022 at 5:01 PM, iconoclast said:

This problem looks very strange to me, because it didn't happen before I reinstalled my OS and as far as I see, there hasn't been an update since that time. So I can't understand what might have happened in the meantime.

This issue has occurred since an internal change, so this is not an issue caused by anything local to yourself :)

• Staff

Hi @EBT,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

1 hour ago, EBT said:

The same error message and I cannot register the application. What can I do ?

Have you tried the following, suggested earlier in this thread?

On 1/11/2022 at 5:55 PM, walt.farrell said:

closing the application, then right-clicking on it and choosing Run as Administrator will allow the Registration to work

Hi EBT!

If you want to have enduring access to the additional stuff from Affinity (Assets, Brushes, Fonts...), copy this config-file to the following path: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0\ or, if your apps are from the Microsoft Store: C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Roaming\Affinity\Photo\1.0(Store)\ (for the other apps, replace "Photo" by "Publisher" or "Designer").

AppData is a hiiden folder, so if you haven't already done it, you need to make it visible in the Explorer. Click on "View" on the top of the Explorer and set a hook at something like "Hidden Elements" or so on the right side (don't know how it is called in english. Then the folder "AppData" should appear.

If you start your apps after that, you should be able to sign in/register.

8 hours ago, ngolay said:

How is this not fixed yet? clearly it is a common problem.

it's fixed in the 1.10.5 betas (only on Windows so far, I think), so it will also be in the 1.10.5 beta on Mac at some point, and in 1.10.5 when it's released. Or you can do as the post above yours suggests, or follow the instructions in the FAQ:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Have you tried the suggestion in the FAQ mentioned just above your post, @campospinto?

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• Staff

Hi @campospinto,

If you're still having trouble, I recommend checking out the following thread where I have covered this process in greater detail for macOS users - 

I hope this helps!

25 minutes ago, campospinto said:
Sounds like a good idea. Where can I find the beta version to install? Should I remove the official version before installing beta? Thanks

As far as I know, the beta for Mac does not have the fix for this problem, yet. You can use the workaround described by Dan C just above.

-- Walt
PC:

• Staff
4 hours ago, iconoclast said:

Why are you shouting soooo loud? We are neither blind than deaf. This will not help anything.

I've seen this previously when a customer is using a translator and copy/pasting the results - so I don't believe the user is purposefully 'typing' like this - campospinto, please feel free to type in your native language if you prefer :)

9 hours ago, Dan C said:

I've seen this previously when a customer is using a translator and copy/pasting the results - so I don't believe the user is purposefully 'typing' like this - campospinto, please feel free to type in your native language if you prefer :)

Desculpe pelo transtorno. Realmente, eu uso Google tradutor. Eu não estava querendo chamar a atenção para meu problema.

Muito obrigado por sua compreensão. 

João Alfredo.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, dschiller said:

Tried multiple times.

Have you tried the method described below?

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• Staff

Hi @annacham98,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble! Can you please confirm for me:

Are you using Affinity on Windows or macOS?

Did you purchase the app from the Affinity Store, Mac App Store or Microsoft App Store?

If you're using macOS, what version of macOS is installed currently please?

Many thanks in advance!