You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can't register my Affinity products

Hi,

I purchased Affinity Products (Photo, Publisher and Designer) from Microsoft Store for my Windows desktop couple of months back and now recently upgraded to the 1.9 version.  When I try to register I get an error message shown below.  I have tried several times with no success.  I would like to get the free assets by registering my products.  Please help.

image.png.2a43736fc8a2bac15fbbd5bf35a19fab.png

I have same issue, my registered purchase was when I was with TalkTalk - Affinity don't have the capacity to change account information and I can't remember my login. My TalkTalk email is now defunct as I am now with Zen. Cannot login with my gmail account so I am well and truly stuffed! Hope this gets sorted double-quick! Replaced my email account with x's for privacy. My purchase was quite some time ago from Affinity directly, not through Windows Store. (Not using Windows 10).

image.thumb.png.6330c7183e17939a54ba1618489434fb.png

I am having a  similar issue. I downloaded  the  latest version. I cannot register  it. My password  showed  invalid. I tried to reset it. It was  still denied. My mistake  I imagine was  that I downloaded it, and  it was  a special offer... only $24.99. I have  to assume  that a  special offer  like  this would  deny registration.

• 6 months later...
1 hour ago, Cecilia Habanero said:

I have the same issue with the newest update and I do not have a beta version to use to rectify it.

You can install the beta version as described in the appropriate beta forum for your application and OS. There will be a pinned topic near the top of the forum with the download link, and the beta will install separately from the retail version.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

• 3 weeks later...

I have this same issue. Same error. DL'd Photo and Designer and can't register either. This shouldn't be happening. If you're promoting the product with free add-ons that prompt me to buy (I was going to anyway) then there should be no such errors. Period. ESPECIALLY after 8 months of similar complaints. What's going on?? What is the final fix for this? I want the add-ons and I want to get started. Let's go.

8 hours ago, Farmcaster68 said:

I have this same issue. Same error. DL'd Photo and Designer and can't register either. This shouldn't be happening. If you're promoting the product with free add-ons that prompt me to buy (I was going to anyway) then there should be no such errors. Period. ESPECIALLY after 8 months of similar complaints. What's going on?? What is the final fix for this? I want the add-ons and I want to get started. Let's go.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums.

'What OS do you use, and exactly what error are you getting? If it's macOS, and you're getting error 0x00000001 you might have success just moving past the error, then closing the program, and restarting it.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 3 months later...
11 minutes ago, Tertz29 said:

I am having this same issue.  I had the trial versions, purchased the full versions and was able to start them all, but can't register any of them.  I am using Windows.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

Some users have reported that closing the application, then right-clicking on it and choosing Run as Administrator will allow the Registration to work. Note, though, that the this Registration is completely optional, and serves only to enable the Content Synchronization functions of the My Account function, and (perhaps) to get you some free content packages. It is not required for use of the product.

-- Walt
PC:

Having the same problem... same screens as shown above. Publisher 1.10.4 bought from Serif store. mac mini running 10.14.6. Tried reinstalling program, same issue - bring up Register Your App window... click Register Now button... all I get is 'Please wait a moment' followed by 'We're sorry. Timeout while waiting for registration service "ready" notification'

Actually the problem might be that I can't sign in. Signed out of my other two apps and now can't sign back in.

Edited by ThrivaSemper

• Staff

こんにちは @Kiyot,

これらの手順に従うと、Affinityアプリを登録できるようになるため、以下の見積もりを参照してください-

On 1/11/2022 at 5:55 PM, walt.farrell said:

一部のユーザーは、アプリケーションを閉じてから右クリックし、[管理者として実行]を選択すると、登録が機能するようになると報告しています。 ただし、この登録は完全にオプションであり、マイアカウント機能のコンテンツ同期機能を有効にするためだけに機能し、(おそらく)無料のコンテンツパッケージを取得するためにのみ機能することに注意してください。 製品の使用には必要ありません。

よろしくお願いします :)

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

12 hours ago, William Milligan said:

I have reformatted my computer and can not register Publisher. Won't accept mt e-mail and registration code. Please help

William Milligan
k4bx@hotmail.com

I have the same problem.
Might have a solution.

I took the advice earlier in this thread, and started Affinity Photo as an administrator. You can do that by right-clicking on the Affinity Photo icon and selecting "Run as Administrator" in the pop-up menu.

That enabled me to start the login process. Unfortunately, the Affinity store was down for maintenance, so I'll have to try again in a couple of hours.

This is realy an annoying problem. I had to set up up my computer, and even I managed it to reinstall the Affinity apps and to sign in with admin-privileges to get and install my additional stuff, I now have to start the apps as addmin every time to be able to use the additional stuff. Otherwise f.e. the Assets panel of Photo is empty. Hope it will be fixed soon!

1 hour ago, iconoclast said:

This is realy an annoying problem. I had to set up up my computer, and even I managed it to reinstall the Affinity apps and to sign in with admin-privileges to get and install my additional stuff, I now have to start the apps as addmin every time to be able to use the additional stuff. Otherwise f.e. the Assets panel of Photo is empty. Hope it will be fixed soon!

You might try this procedure for now:

1. Run as Administrator
  2. Sign-in to My Account
  3. Make sure the Assets have downloaded/installed
  4. Sign-out from My Account, and during the sign-out process tell the application to keep the content installed and usable.
  5. Close the application
  6. Run it normally, and see if the Assets are still available.

-- Walt
PC: