You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.3.5.3)

• Staff

Purpose: Features / Improvements / Fixes 

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: Here

To use this beta, simply download the file from the link given above and double-click on the file to open the installer. Follow the instructions to install the beta version. The beta sits alongside the Mac App Store version and will not interfere with it.

Please Note: We will do our utmost to fix anything that emerges as quickly as possible, but we just wanted you to understand that for production work we would recommend using the Mac App Store version until this beta has been validated for a few weeks.

Notable changes:

- Reintroduced translations and added Italian, Japanese and Portuguese (Brazil): These do not have translated help files yet. Please understand that we are just starting out with our Japanese support so there are many things we need to change in the application itself to support Japanese properly, so please be gentle! (and if you can help, please drop us a line!)

- Fix for exports failing

- User-definable precision for different unit types (in preferences)

- Nudging works correctly in Node Tool

- PSD export of slices

- Added 'Insertion Mode' options to the Layer menu so you can bind these to shortcut keys

- Improvements to CMYK PDF export

- Numerous other improvements and fixes

Inpainting brush adjust with [ and ] working again - thanks.   But had to force quit after longish Inpainting session completed and saved - will see if the issues persists of the next few edits.

Edited:  Used [ and ] to select brush size in mask selection and refinement; all worked well.  

Retina iMac (4K display, 1TB SSD, 16GB RAM) OS X 10.11.6  Capture One 10.

Feature or bug? Copy & paste does not remove the current selection (lasso).

It is good that the pasted image is cropped to the lasso, but since the lasso is not removed, it is valid for subsequent actions. This can lead to unexpected behavior, i.e. a mask will be created for the lasso, not the current layer, delete is deleting only the contents of the lasso, not the layer, etc.

The export logic seams slightly scrambled.

Checking and unchecking resolutions checkbox gives unexpected results. Se attached screenshots

Sorry, that post went into the wrong forum. Should have been Designer Beta. I haven't tried it in Photo Beta, but considering the shared code between the applications, one might expect the same behaviour. 

When I apply a texture brush to a (closed!) circle I always see a start and end-point and a visible gap. I can only convert that circle into a curve to avoid this. (Tested in AD)

With a rectangle it is worse, I cannot use convert to curves to fix this issue. I think there is a property missing in the brush editor to switch off the start and end areas and just use the middle element. The painting of a rectangle should also not start in a corner but in the middle of one side. So the gap would not be visible if there is a overhang.

Thank you! the previous beta was unusable for me on my 10.7.5 mac due to the graphics card support, but everything seems normal now with the right hand panel now displaying correctly.  The Photo Persona has the histogram, however it is missing from the develop persona as ... Ok I got it back in separated mode and "reset studio" has brought it back in.

Looking very nice now, 1.3.5.2 had me worried      

The correct translation for Gouache is Tempera and no more "Guazzo" which is pretty funny anyway...   :lol:

If you want guys I can provide you all the translations for brushes!

Guazzo is a very old term, rarely employed but in super specific contexts.

Today in common spoken language it is not used anymore.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.