You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Microsoft Store - Sign In to account Broken

• Staff

We're currently looking into this. Is it possible to give me answers to the following questions?

- Did you buy the app from the Microsoft Store?
- What version of Microsoft Store do you have running (found towards the bottom of the Settings page)?
- What's the version number of c:\windows\system32\RuntimeBroker.exe?
- Are you running any anti-virus software? If so, what is it?

I look forward to hearing from you.

I have to agree with you. I just downloaded the newest beta version of Photo from the forum link, registered into it, and then the sign-in option magically became available in all 1.9.0 apps I had installed from the Microsoft Store (Photo, Designer and Publisher).

Uninstalled the beta, and they are still signed-in.

• Staff
18 hours ago, GODLIKE99KINGZ said:

You Devs should know that when I installed version downloaded from Affinity website and signed-in to my account. Sign-in option became available and working on Microsoft Store version too. I guess this is why u don't get this error cos u have both installed.

Thanks for this information @GODLIKE99KINGZ - I've passed it to our developers to see if that can pin point the issue 👍 Did you install the trial version or the beta version?

@Cosmopolish Are you install the beta or trial version?

• Staff
3 hours ago, Cosmopolish said:

@Leigh Neither. I use  the full version I downloaded going to my serif account. I think I bought it at 1.8 (1.9 is not in beta anymore, is it?)

So you've purchased the app twice. Once through the Affinity Store and once through the Microsoft Store? 

• Staff

I have a quick update on this issue. We appear to have a couple of issues with the My Account option in the 1.9 update that is affecting some users. We’ve just made available on the forum beta builds for both Affinity Photo and Designer for Windows (Publisher to follow soon) that should hopefully resolve these issues and give us the ability find out what could be causing the issues.

So, if you’re getting…

A crash when clicking My Account in 1.9 on Windows:
This is fixed in the latest beta builds. However, to get around this issue in the retail build, please follow the instruction listed in this FAQ: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/128969-fixed-affinity-apps-no-longer-start-after-installing-the-windows-10-october-2020-20h2-update/

We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in
We’ve had reports that users who have been getting this error in the Microsoft Store version of our apps have been able to fix this by downloading the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

If you’re issue is not listed above, please try the latest beta builds and see if the issue is resolved. If not, please let me know.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134032-affinity-designer-windows-customer-beta-191944/ 
https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134031-affinity-photo-windows-customer-beta-191944/

Hope that helps.

• Staff
On 2/9/2021 at 2:38 PM, GODLIKE99KINGZ said:

yes. same here. I purchased it twice

I would suggest that you contact our returns team (affinityreturns@serif.com) to get a refund if you would like to continue using the Microsoft Store version that you've already purchased.

6 hours ago, Cosmopolish said:

Yes, I also did purchase twice.

You will need to contact Microsoft to get a refund for the Microsoft Store version if you're happy to continue using the Affinity Store version.

• Staff
1 hour ago, Thanh Khoi said:

If I have purchased MS store version, do I have to buy again in Affinity standalone version?

Nope! If you're getting the "We’re Sorry. Something went wrong during registration or sign-in" message, just download the beta build of the app and signing into their account using that build. Once they've done this they can then go back into the Microsoft Store version and sign in without any issues.

More information can be found here: https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/134424-known-issues-common-issues-found-in-the-affinity-190-update/

• Staff
On 2/17/2021 at 1:16 PM, GODLIKE99KINGZ said:

I noticed that MS Affinity apps can not open many times and asking for account verification. So i need to go MS store log out and log in again to make Affinity apps work. kinda bummer

The next update should hopefully fix/improve the Microsoft Store in-app registration issue.