You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Divide Blend Mode in AP 1.9

I'm a bit of a novice with Affinity Photo. I'm trying to check out the new AP1.9 Divide Blend Mode. I'm following the tutorial posted on YouTube. I note, however, that the colour wheel in the upper right hand corner of Affinity Photo on my iMac doesn't look quite the same as in the video and I can't get it to work. Can anyone tell me how to set it up so it will work properly? Thanks in advance.

Screenshot appended...Screen_Shot_2021-02-06_at_10_11.50_AM.thumb.png.f7c405c86529a416f9dffaca4a7bc63b.png 

3 minutes ago, dpc said:

I note, however, that the colour wheel in the upper right hand corner of Affinity Photo on my iMac doesn't look quite the same as in the video and I can't get it to work.

Your document is in 32 bits per channel mode which works in a linear colour space, whereas the tutorial will have been in 16 or 8 bits per channel mode which works in a gamma encoded colour space.

The document can be converted from 32 to 16 or 8 bpc by the command Document > Convert Format / ICC Profile.