You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

this may has been asked before but I am somewhat new here and maybe just failed to find it.

With the export persona is it possible to choose a specific size smaller than the original?

For example:

I have a 16:9 composition including a 3:2 image of a somewhat modern camera. So the total filesize is somewhat giant with around 14.000x8.000 pixel.

But I want to set an export slice with only 1920x1080 pixel (for fullHD screens). Obviously I do not want to downsize the whole project but want the export persona to get a print of the desired size.

With the normal export menu I could choose a desired size. The export persona doesnt seem to have this feature (or I just havent found it). All I see are settings like x2, x3 etc.

I guess most people will also face this question when they want to output files for web etc (with very strict requirements for the size).

Sincerely,

me

You need to use the following for specific sizes xxxw, yyyh so 1920w, 1080h will get a 1920 x 1080 pixel sized document. The comma is important

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.0 | Affinity Photo 2.4.0 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.0 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

1 hour ago, Old Bruce said:

You need to use the following for specific sizes xxxw, yyyh so 1920w, 1080h will get a 1920 x 1080 pixel sized document. The comma is important

That really isn't that intuitive for a export persona beginner.

At least that makes me glad that its not due to my own stupidity.

Anyway: Thank you for sharing this with me. Thats another thing learned today.

Then I have a follow up question:

In the previous example I did know the full dimensions I wanted to get an export with, which fittet the project file perfectly.

But what If I only know one dimension and want the other to instantly fit?

Like my image heigh is 4386 (or any weird number) and I want it to get to 1000 but also don't want to take my calculator out to know that a weird width of 8964 has to be downsized to 2043.7?

I see that I can try to apply 0.23x which I still would have to calculate first but also wont get the perfect desired result.

Edited by hisuku

24 minutes ago, hisuku said:

That really isn't that intuitive for a export persona beginner.

Just remember that the field is editable (double click inside to edit values). When you click on the popdown arrow it gives you some selection and hints what value formats can be inserted!

editable.jpg.164e6a82b0bb97b00ac20bc50bf6332e.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2